Hawkeye borescope angled eyepiece. Worth it?

operator1

Getting ready to call Brunos and order a Hawkeye borescope. Was wondering if the angled eyepiece is worth the extra $$.
Anyone have any input on this? Do you guys use the angled eyepiece often or can you get along without it. Thanks

Bore Scope and attachments

I have a 7" and 22" bore scope w/ both straight and 90 degree adapter. (Bore scope looks forward and has mirrored sleeve) The 90 degree ocular adapter is a seperate device and a great asset as well. (I hooks on to the eye piece on the scope tube) I bought mine right after the Shot Show several years ago and got a special deal. Seeing as the Shot Show is less than 2 weeks away I would check and see if any deals are going to be available.
Nat Lambeth

p.s. Got it from the manufacture directly. Looked brand new and had same warantee.

Last edited:
I have a 7" and 22" bore scope w/ both straight and 90 degree adapter. (Bore scope looks forward and has mirrored sleeve) The 90 degree ocular adapter is a seperate device and a great asset as well. (I hooks on to the eye piece on the scope tube) I bought mine right after the Shot Show several years ago and got a special deal. Seeing as the Shot Show is less than 2 weeks away I would check and see if any deals are going to be available.
Nat Lambeth

Did you get it directly from Hawkeye (Gradient Lens)?

I think if you're going to examine rifle barrels with the gun in the stock, or the barrel in the lathe, the 90º adapter is a must...or you are more lithe than I.

Brownell's now stocks the "Classic" kit with the adapter and light source like Bruno's sells. I found a 10% coupon from Brownell's on Facebook...it's an awesome tool if you need it!

Jim

FWIW,
I've used the standard scope without the 90 for years, however, Santa left my own unit a couple of weeks back and it came with the 90 degree adaptor. It adds a great deal of versatility to the bore scope from my limited usage. Places previously unworkable are now doable. That said I had 20% off of dealer discount from Brownells and it made it hard not to go that route. Had the membership on this board not given me the straight dope on this item I'd likely have the supernova light. As was passed along to me by the Gentlemen here the standard light is more than enough. Moral of the story I've found the validity of responses here to be excellent... Off topic. Apologize. Regards, Matt Garrett

Back