has anyone reloaded for a Ruger #1

Bill Wynne

When you reload for a Ruger #1 in 30/06, is it necessary to full length resize?

I worked up some 130 gr. loads for my son-in-law and used new Winchester Brass about 3 years ago. He loved the results and he has brought me the empties to reload. I will admit, most of my reloading has been for tight bolt action rifles. I am concerned that the reloads would be too tight to chamber easily in the #1.

Is this worry justified?

Thanks,

Concho Bill

When you reload for a Ruger #1 in 30/06, is it necessary to full length resize?

I worked up some 130 gr. loads for my son-in-law and used new Winchester Brass about 3 years ago. He loved the results and he has brought me the empties to reload. I will admit, most of my reloading has been for tight bolt action rifles. I am concerned that the reloads would be too tight to chamber easily in the #1.

Is this worry justified?

Thanks,

Concho Bill

The ruger #! will react just like a bolt gun,but i would fl size them if used for hunting.
I do mine in a 95% resize and never have a problem,the ruger has a lot of craming power and is about as good as a bolt gun in closing on a tight case.

i have a ruger #1v in 6ppc..they load like any other rifle..if what you're saying is that the brass was fired in another rifle & you want to use it in the ruger..you must first full length resize the brass on the first loading for the ruger..then neck size on the next loads

i have a ruger #1v in 6ppc..they load like any other rifle..if what you're saying is that the brass was fired in another rifle & you want to use it in the ruger..you must first full length resize the brass on the first loading for the ruger..then neck size on the next loads

+1

James

Really helpful. Thanks.

Thanks guys,

You have been most helpful. The brass was fired in his rifle but his rifle is in Dallas with him and I am not. So I do not have the rifle to test the resized brass with. I will go with what Rhaney suggests and quit worrying about it.

That rifle is a beautiful gun.

Concho Bill

Do you have the tools to measure the degree of resizing? Just bump 'em a tad-little-bit, and they should be okay.

Do you have the tools to measure the degree of resizing? Just bump 'em a tad-little-bit, and they should be okay.

No Chuck, but I have full length resized quite a bit for my own wildcats and an old 30/30. I have made few mistakes and they just add to my experience.:)

I am somewhat kidding, of course. You cannot be too careful when reloading.

Concho Bill

Back