H322 and N133 hot and heavy

matchman

Im not a competitor but was wondering is a shooter at a disadvantage using H322 ? N133 seams to be the go to powder.
I have had good results (to me) 2's under ideal conditions , non-match with H322.
The charges were not at the upper end as most shoot with N133, and the brass even springs back enough to hold a bullet and nicely chamber without re-sizing (6ppc). I assume its easier on the barrel to.
Lower Velocity = more drift in windy conditions ?
Just wondering
Thanks
Adam

Adam,
H322 shoots real well. I think the reason that it is not used as much anymore is the lot to lot inconsistency. It takes a while to get a good tune when you buy more powder.
Butch

Adam,
H322 shoots real well. I think the reason that it is not used as much anymore is the lot to lot inconsistency. It takes a while to get a good tune when you buy more powder.
Butch

The 322 extreme is a little too hot for the standard 6PPC. If you made a short 6PPC like the shortened 22 Waldog i bet the 322 would work fine.

I wonder if anyone knows for sure if there is any formulation difference between H322 and Benchmark. I have measured the granuals and it looks to me like they are same length and diameter. I would bet that Benchmark just has more deterrant coating on it. Also as near as I can measure they have exactly the same bulk density. And they do meter very good. I can get 31 grains of BMark in a 6ppc case with out compressing the charge. That is a bit higher than I like to shoot but I have had some really good groups with BMark. I have got as much as 3500 fps with BMark but accuracy was not any better than down around 29.7 to 30.2. But then I never shoot more than about 29.5 of 133 and prefer to be down around 28.5-28.7.

Donald

Back