Great Deal on Chucks!

Ok where are the prices lsited at regualr price? Looked and didn't see anything. may be just looking in the wrong place.

Buck Chuck

Buck Chuck must have been purchased by a bigger company and moved to Northern Michigan. I live just outside of Kalamazoo and last year the original manufacturing facility shut down. I was wondering if the company would pop up some where.

Their site doesn't list any prices but if you go to www.buckchuck.com you can get to their home page.

Bob Pastor

Buck Chucks

Hi Butch,

Last year when Buck Chuck shut down their small production plant in Comstock Michigan, all the machines were moved to Traverse City, Michigan. I don't know if they hired the same crew to produce them. The machines they had for production were really neat and specialized. I'll call them next week and see if they are actually producing them here or over seas.

It's sort of like the Browning shotguns. The best ones were produced in Belgium and yet they produced them in other countries as well.

I've got a half dozen of their chucks sitting in my shop from several years ago.

Bob Pastor

Bob Pastor

Have you gotten any feedback on the Buck operation. I get the sneaking suspicion that they have gone overseas for manufacturing.

buck chucks

I just got off the phone with a salesman and the six jaw chucks are made over seas now. He claimed the same tolerances but you know how that goes.

So, if you can get your hands on an older one, grab it.

Bob Pastor, Gobles, Michigan

Bob Pastor

Does that include the 3 jaw? I can't imagine just the 6 jaw is being outsourced.

Does that include the 3 jaw? I can't imagine just the 6 jaw is being outsourced.

All the chucks are made over seas. One more small U.S. company that went down the tubes. The six jaw adjustable scroll chuck I priced was over 1300 dollars but the are selling them at 50% off right now.

Unless your nuts and have nothing better to do with your money, Grizzly sells the same thing for less than 400.00. I just happen to have one of their chucks and it's a Tru Adjust scroll chuck. I've got mine dialed in for my new lathe and it's dead nuts. You have to buy the back plate seperately but it's a real buy.

The owner of Grizzly pays for precision and with proper direction and money, the over seas companys can produce quality stuff.

Back