Gordy Gritters "Chambering School"

Gordy Gritters

Since the Grizzly chambering DVD came out recently, there has been a tremendous amount of interest in the details of how I do this and how easy it is for even someone with very little chambering experience to turn out top-quality work.

I also had so many guys watch and talk to me at the SHOT show a couple weeks ago while I was working at the Grizzly booth chambering match barrels, asking even more questions about all the little details involved. Several guys asked me if I would be willing to do classes on how to chamber barrels.

So I have decided to do custom chambering classes at my shop for anyone who is interested - these will be scheduled for just about any time on an individual basis since I chamber barrels all the time year-round. Even if you have very little experience, you should be able to turn out chambers that will be highly competitive right from the first one, especially if you have the Grizzly Chambering DVD and the info from my class to refer back to.

I will cover much more than we had time to show in the DVD - things like lathe setup, dialing in the bore, benchrest and wildcat chambering, crowning, throating, necking, custom reamer design, making custom dies, plus I will show you how to "slug" bores and evaluate barrels.

I do have to charge for this training since it will definitely cost me in lost production time, but I will try to give you way more value in knowledge than what it will cost you. I figure these classes will run the better part of two days and I am going to charge $300 per person for the 2-day class. One guy also wanted a class on pillar bedding, and I can normally add a day or two longer to accomodate other training like this at an additional cost. I also have classes scheduled in Long Range/1000 yard shooting to help folks do better at this (besides being a full-time custom gunsmith, I am also the founder and part-owner of the Iowa 1000 Yard Benchrest Assoc) - just let me know what you want.

My wife runs a Bed & Breakfast at our place also that you might take advantage of while you are here - first come/first serve.

Whoever is interested can contact me by PM, e-mail me at gordy@wildbluepella.org, or call at 641-628-3044 (I am busy so I only answer my phone from 2-5pm Central time, Mon to Fri).

Thanks!
Gordy Gritters

Thanks, Gordy...

Once I get the workshop set up...I'd like to come for a visit..

John M. Paton

Let me get my daughter married off in June and then I will set it up. May we call your Mrs. for lodging info?

Gordy

Sounds like a great offer to me, At $300 it would be worth me flying over from Scotland for the 2 days. Have you considered running a full intensive course covering all "novice" aspects of building the dream?
I have watched more gunsmithing DVD's and read as many books as my shelves can handle, but nothing can compare to a 1 on 1 with someone who really knows his business.
I will be intouch.

Spott3r and Lilguy, just let me know when you can come and I'll make sure to schedule a class for you. If you are interested in the Bed and Breakfast, my wife just prefers that I set that up for guys taking classes or coming to shoot.

Remmy700, I've had several guys express interest in having an extended class, covering more extreme accuracy gunsmithing topics, which I can do for anyone who is interested. Some topics I can cover would be pillar bedding, action blueprinting, bore lapping, evaluating rifles for accuracy problems, accurizing factory rifles. So yes, if you're going to make a trip anyway, I can pretty well extend the class a couple more days and cover about anything you want. Just call me and we can discuss the details.

Thanks!
Gordy

Scheduling..

Hi Gordy,
Just sent you an email at correct address. I think the PM went to an old address that is why you did not get it. Nevermind though..
Regards,
John

:D:D:D

Dates set for classes

I've got dates scheduled for some chambering classes now. The dates I've currently got scheduled (and still have room in if anyone else wants to take advantage of this very in-depth one-of-a-kind training) are as follows:

March 10-11, March 27-28, April 15-16, May 27-28, and June 16-17.

I do have some 1000 Yard/Long Range Shooting schools scheduled also on May 29-30 (immediately following the Chambering school of May 27-28), and June 13-14.

I've got most of the details on my website: www.gordysgunsmithshop.com

Just contact me if you are interested. Thanks!
Gordy

Originally Posted by TobiasSDI
I want to take an AR-15 Accurizing class with Gordy Gritters after I finish my proessays collection for college (SDI student online). Is it possible after a one-week Precision Rifle Building class? The website seems to be down or something...

Hi,

I think it's better to ask Gordy Gritters directly. You should be redirected to GordysPrecision. Try https://www.gordysprecision.com/blank-2/ if the redirect is not working.

Contact details:
2914 Hibiscus Dr, Unit D
Edgewater, FL 32141
phone: 641-780-5085
email: gordy@gordysprecision.com

Back