Good Score?

cdiver

I have recently started shooting the USBR 50 yd target and was wondering what would be considered a good score. I have shot one 247, one 241 but most of my targets are in the 235 -238 range. Shooting free recoil using a Diorio V2 Turbo, Nightforce 12-42 BR, Caldwell rock front rest and a Randolph rear rest. Ammo Lapua center x.

Thanks for any input

I have recently started shooting the USBR 50 yd target and was wondering what would be considered a good score. I have shot one 247, one 241 but most of my targets are in the 235 -238 range. Shooting free recoil using a Diorio V2 Turbo, Nightforce 12-42 BR, Caldwell rock front rest and a Randolph rear rest. Ammo Lapua center x.

Thanks for any input

If you prefer Lapua ammo, then I would suggest you move up in grade to a tested good lot of Midas +. This could bring your scores up on average of 5 points or more. IMHO, a 245 6X or better is a good score per target in USBR at 50 yards.

We shoot usbr at our club.You would be in the unlimited class if you're rifle weighs more than 10.5 pounds. It usually takes a score of 243 to 248 to be competitive although recently we had a shooter get a 250. From what I have observed and in my opinion your pretty close. A few more points per target could put you in the running. JMO.

Thank you gentlemen There is a price limit on ammo in our club competitions and I am at the limit with center x but it is good to hear I am near being good. I think I could do a little better if I could afford to a case or two of ammo and see if I could dial in the tuner a bit more, and a better front rest.

Thank you again.

C. Diver,

The Center X ammo is very good if you have the right lot for your rifle. I sent a rifle off to the Lapua test range in Mesa, Arizona.

They tested a number of different lots in my rifle and some shot badly and a couple shot well. I bought a one brick short of two cases of the good stuff. The ammo was tested in my customized 10/22 that I use to shoot Automatic Benchrest and I found that it shot great in my bolt rifle. In the only 50/50 match, so far, I shot a 249 and two well into the 240's here in San Angelo. I did use wind flags.

The point I am trying to make is that any premium brand of .22 RF will vary lot to lot. Another funny thing that I have found is that a good lot of ammo will shoot good in other good rifles. You should test several different lots of the ammo and if you find a great lot, you should buy all that you can afford.

Concho Bill

C. Diver,

The Center X ammo is very good if you have the right lot for your rifle. I sent a rifle off to the Lapua test range in Mesa, Arizona.

They tested a number of different lots in my rifle and some shot badly and a couple shot well. I bought a one brick short of two cases of the good stuff. The ammo was tested in my customized 10/22 that I use to shoot Automatic Benchrest and I found that it shot great in my bolt rifle. In the only 50/50 match, so far, I shot a 249 and two well into the 240's here in San Angelo. I did use wind flags.

The point I am trying to make is that any premium brand of .22 RF will vary lot to lot. Another funny thing that I have found is that a good lot of ammo will shoot good in other good rifles. You should test several different lots of the ammo and if you find a great lot, you should buy all that you can afford.

Concho Bill

Thanks Bill Just getting into this club as you will well know is expensive. I got the rifle and the scope I wanted so my next investment will be a good front rest then start saving for that 1-2 cases of ammo

Back