Good news on LT32

"Midsouth Shooters Supply is now taking advance orders for the new Accurate LT-32 Powder, with initial deliveries expected in January 2013."

Previously, advance orders were not being taken with a definite expected delivery date. For this to have happened, I would think that the issues with Federal approval of packaging and labeling would have had to be resolved.

Powder Valley is also for January delivery. VV 133 28.00 #1 , 181.50 #8 vs LT32 24.10 #1 , 182.00 #8

Last edited:
Having shot a couple of pounds of this powder, I can endorse it as being a great powder for the 6 PPC. One does not have to pack the case full in order to get 3400+ fps with 65-68 gr. bullets. Also, it demonstrates very low extreme spread and it meters very very well. I wish I had a large quantity of it to shoot in my new Bartlein barrel. This powder is very much like the original T-322. Good shooting...James Mock

Having shot a couple of pounds of this powder, I can endorse it as being a great powder for the 6 PPC. One does not have to pack the case full in order to get 3400+ fps with 65-68 gr. bullets. Also, it demonstrates very low extreme spread and it meters very very well. I wish I had a large quantity of it to shoot in my new Bartlein barrel. This powder is very much like the original T-322. Good shooting...James Mock

James, how full is the case to get in the 3400 range?

As someone else has said,this is just such great news that this is happing. I have shot lot # 1 of the canadian 2015 which from what i understand from western powders is LT-32..It works as advertised..
I think it could draw new shooter's to short range Bench Rest due to the ease of tuneing,how well it meters. how well it shoots. it could even perk up some so so barrel's by being able to push into a higher velocity node that could not be reached with other powder's..in one barrel i shot a stout load that showed no pressure in my rifle with the bullet i was shooting..I only had a few loaded and was chrony testing another rifle. so i said i'm going to push the last few of these i had loaded up..I was shocked to see just over 3,500 FPS with about a 3 fps SD. i dont think you can count a ES of only shooting a few rounds but still impressive being they were all thrown from a harrell's measure. the powder charge to push 3,500 FPS out of my barrel was 29.5 gr's.

Last edited:
Jerry, I can get 3400+ with no powder in the neck of the case...IF I trickle it fairly slowly. Even if I dump it quickly, it doesn't fill more than 1/2 the neck. With a 22 inch barrel, 28.0 grains will break the 3400 fps mark...using an Oehler 35 Chronograph. Good shooting...James

Jerry, I can get 3400+ with no powder in the neck of the case...IF I trickle it fairly slowly. Even if I dump it quickly, it doesn't fill more than 1/2 the neck. With a 22 inch barrel, 28.0 grains will break the 3400 fps mark...using an Oehler 35 Chronograph. Good shooting...James

This powder is going to be faster than I thought. Thats good!! Thanks.

Well, I don't own a 6 PPC (yet) but I have a couple of 6 BR's and a 6x47 (Remington). Anyone think there is potential for this powder in either of those? I don't know if I should poach on the PPCer's powder supply however.

vtmarmont i have shot some in the 6BR it's too fast,it shoot's ok but case fill is a problem.. It's slower brother 2015 lot 3,4 ect is slower and real close to what the 6BR may like with the 65-68 gr bullets. i have been shooting the 2015 lot 4 in the 6BR. 21 1/2 " barrel, 13.75 twist and it shows promise.. I should mention the lot 4 2015 powder is kind of what you would buy now of the 2015 powder and it is the same size and shape of the LT32 so it does work in a measure very well..just comes down to how good your barrel is, i have one 6BR barrel that would/could be competive in group BR but is about shot out, have another 6BR barrel that is a ok shooter,i dont think it could win but you would not go home with your head hung low either.but i keep trying to get one to shoot as the one that is about shot out did or even does to this day.

It is faster than 133, so let that be your guide, but as has been said before, the latest 2015, all except the first lot, is slower than 133, in the case of a pound that I bought about a grain. Just a reminder...those who like either powder, should thank Lou Murdica for his long and patient efforts to make it happen.

I will go with a BIG THANK YOU LOU ! ...as i have not had any luck getting N133 to shoot in my 6ppc..I was even at a match,where a fellow was helping me,we went up on the neck tension,I was up to over 30.0 gr's to i was starting to stick my bolt in a custom(a very good custom action) and i could not get rid of the vertical..we tryed every thing.
so i went to H322 and it worked very well, shot some mid ..200's at 200 yrds and mid .100's at 100 yrds..so i was on the H322 band wagon and fighting it's two grain swing from morning to afternoon but starting to get a handle on it..when i lucked into lot #1 of the 2015..and it has shot so well for me i quit shooting it and i'm waiting on spring to hit some registered matches. if you read the accurate shooter daily bullitin about the powder and i think speedy said you can concertrate on shooting and what conditions your rifle shoots best in..I was able to do that..now i know what condidtion my rifle and load favors..so if i can get that condititon look out..lol

On a tangent, related to part of the last post, back in the day, I was shooting a Hoehn top, with the thin bag, and decided to add sand to the bag to improve tracking. It did, but created vertical where there had been none. Hard bags can make for twitchy rifles. There is no tracking trophy.

I have shot some of the original T-322 and find that the new LT-32 may be a bit faster than the original. Of course the T-322 that I shot in 2006 was about 30 years old and maybe it had lost some of its ooomph! James

James,
Not that I am endorsing the practice, but somewhere in the distant past, I seem to remember talk of blending powders. (I'm kidding of course, I know for sure that a couple of very good shooters have done it.)Given that LT32 is on the quicker end, and most lots of the new 2015 are slowish, and that they are of identical, size and shape.....do you see where I am going here?
Boyd

Boyd, I have 3/8ths of a pound of the LT-32. This is not enough to even develop a load, so I plan to mix it with 3/8ths pound of Scottish H-322 and see what happens. The H-322 has the same size particles as does the LT-32. I don't know where I am going with this ...since Scottish made 322 is almost non-existent. I'll try to post some accuracy/velocity results from ths rare mixture. James

Last edited:
What would be really funny would be if the mixture shot all in one hole. Wouldn't that be a ------, to know that there was something that shot better than anything that you have ever seen, and was truly unobtanium. Just in case that happens, is the Scottish factory still around?

Boyd, I have 3/8ths of a pound of the LT-32. This is not enough to even develope a load, so I plan to mix it with 3/8ths pound of Scottish H-322 and see what happens. The H-322 has the same size particles as does the LT-32. I don't know where I am going with this ...since Scottish made 322 is almost non-existent. I'll try to post some accuracy/velocity results from ths rare mixture. James

Please James.... IF IT'S AWESOME....MAGICAL...................! Good Lord don't tell us..... Arrrgh..! Hehehe Unobtanium Haaa!......:p..:p..;)

H322 and Good ole "slowish" Dupont IMR8208 blend so very well........ Just that the H322 kernal size take just a bit of consistent throws outta the, well ... Throws... Just a bit...

Now... There is LT32... Fast"er", the right kernal size/consistency of size.... Humm.. 50/50% ratio with AA 2015 Canadian.... OR... 50/50% ratio with good ole "slowish" Dupont IMR8208......Hummmmmmmmm...

But looks as if LT32 >could very well on it's own< do JUST FINE in a 6PPC..........
Fine Job all involved... Got >it< as close to perfect as can be fer us perrrrsnickery BR Shooters....:cool:
cale

What would be really funny would be if the mixture shot all in one hole. Wouldn't that be a ------, to know that there was something that shot better than anything that you have ever seen, and was truly unobtanium. Just in case that happens, is the Scottish factory still around?

I believe that factory is (was) the final straw that banned gun cotton's use in Europe. It blew up, late 70's - early 80's. Don't think any factory is using gun cotton as the cellulosic component in their powder any more. Ground up wood fiber now.

Back