Glued actions

tbird1960

Can someone tell me the best or easiest way to remove a barreled action from the stock without damaging the stock?
Thanks Bill

Can someone tell me the best or easiest way to remove a barreled action from the stock without damaging the stock?
Thanks Bill

Use the Forum Search feature. Top right hand corner of page. Type in..."How to remove a Glued in Stock" and hit search. Lots of examples here.

Glenn

Thanks Bill

An older iron placed on top of the scope bases/rail till it's hot enough to release is the way that has worked n all of them that I've ever removed. You can use wedgs between the barrel and stock to let you know when it's ready. Usually takes between 10 and 30 minutes to get hot enough to release. An standard iron won't get hot enough to hurt the action, and the newer ones may not get hot enough to release the adhesive. A glue in sounds much more permanent than it is. I prefer to glue and screw on most br rifles, but glue alone has been proven to be sufficient for a long time on br caliber rifles. I had a couple of 30's to come lose after some time and glue and screw whenever possible since.
New wireless keyboard sucks when spelling matters..:mad:

Last edited:
Back