Getting match ammo in NY?

G

gqllc007

I live in NY and looking for Eley and Lapua. No LGS carry them. Does anyone know of any mail order that will ship to NY?

I am in Albany NY. Vt (Bennington, Manchester) is close to me. I havent had a chance yet to shoot outside NY

Have you been to a match at Salem NY? There was some match ammo for sale there last week at the state match. They have one more match coming up in a couple weeks on Sunday 9/18.

Ken

Ammo to NY

I've found that most of the big online ammo sources will ship here to NY, but will only ship to your FFL who will normally charge $10 for an ammo transfer. Hope this helps.

Ken
Who would want second hand ammo from a match at salem when They could get new ammo from Killough Shooting Sports shipped to their door?
Gordon

I also live in New York and have problems getting ammo shipped to me, though supposedly there has been a lifting of the ammo shipping rule under the New York State Safe Act. I can not get a positive read on this one way or the other, so I have purchased Match Ammo (Lapua Etc.) three ways. Bob White at the Shooters Corner has wholesale accounts with companies like Graef who carry it and he can sell Face to Face to a New York Resident, so I have had him order ammo for me. New Jersey residents can receive ammo shipped direst to them, so I have had ammo shipped to friends of mine in New Jersey.

And third, ss the other poster said, you can get companies like Midway, Graef etc. to ship to a Dealer in New York and I have never been charged more that $10.00 for a purchase regardless of home much ammo was in it.

Try BEECROFT in Schaghticoke, New York. I buy powder there on a regular basis and he has a great selection of reloading supplies and ammo. Not that far from Albany.

518-753-4402

Bob

Gordon,

Not second hand, hasn't been shot yet. Just throwing it out there, he could test on site to see if it shoots. Then buy it or not. I've gotten some decent ammo that way. Besides, we can always use a new shooter at any match.

Ken

Hi Gordon

Ken
Who would want second hand ammo from a match at salem when They could get new ammo from Killough Shooting Sports shipped to their door?
Gordon

It was all stuff you recommended?!?!
And no it wasn't shot first???

Last edited:
Pete
Most people would love to have ammo that i recommended to you. I have a large list of shooters that are happy with my recommendations. Sorry it never worked out for you .I would expect nothing less.

Gordon

Pete
Most people would love to have ammo that i recommended to you. I have a large list of shooters that are happy with my recommendations. Sorry it never worked out for you .I would expect nothing less.

It worked fine I just got lucky to try and found some Lapua that was a little better for me?!
I'd recommend anything you suggested to anyone!!
The best thing the ones you build will shoot anything well !!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help! One of my local shops is willing to receive internet orders for match ammo since they dont carry any!!!

Match Ammo to NY but NOT to New York City

I had Dan Killough and Mr. Gorham build me a rifle on the 2500X action this past winter. They went through the testing method for me to identify the ammo that works best in my rifle. I ordered many thousands of rounds of the same lot number of Eley Tenex. It was shipped directly to my FFL person (I am lucky, he does not charge me for ammo shipments).

Here is the deal: Until NYS sets up the ammo ordering database ANYONE can legally ship ammo directly to your door. However, if it makes you feel more comfortable you can have it shipped to your local FFL holder. It may cost a few extra $$$ but it is 100% LEGAL. I have had Eley, Midas and RWS ammo shipped to me for testing and then ordered thousands of rounds of a particular lot. Completely legal. However, there are many on-line retailers that will not ship to NYS. I have called the retailer and literally told them that even if NYS lifted any and all potential bans I would NEVER order ANYTHING from them again. Ammo or otherwise. I feel they want to punish the shooters that live in NYS and not our state bullies AKA our gubbermint. That my friend is absolute BS.

Match Ammo to NY but NOT to New York City

I had Dan Killough and Mr. Gorham build me a rifle on the 2500X action this past winter. They went through the testing method for me to identify the ammo that works best in my rifle. I ordered many thousands of rounds of the same lot number of Eley Tenex. It was shipped directly to my FFL person (I am lucky, he does not charge me for ammo shipments).

Here is the deal: Until NYS sets up the ammo ordering database ANYONE can legally ship ammo directly to your door. However, if it makes you feel more comfortable you can have it shipped to your local FFL holder. It may cost a few extra $$$ but it is 100% LEGAL. I have had Eley, Midas and RWS ammo shipped to me for testing and then ordered thousands of rounds of a particular lot. Completely legal. However, there are many on-line retailers that will not ship to NYS. I have called the retailer and literally told them that even if NYS lifted any and all potential bans I would NEVER order ANYTHING from them again. Ammo or otherwise. I feel they want to punish the shooters that live in NYS and not our state bullies AKA our gubbermint. That my friend is absolute BS.

Back