Gerstner Top Chest

dmort

When I was working in a machine shop one of my buddies had a Gerstner machinist toolbox. I loved that thing but couldn't afford it. I ended up buying an 8 drawer Kennedy. I kept the Kennedy covered and it still looks like new. The Kennedy roller cabinet looks it's age.
Was looking through a catalog and there was a section showing toolboxes. I was quite surprised to see my Kennedy listed for $370.00 and an 11 drawer Gerstner for $260.00. They didn't say but I'm sure it was made in China. Where else?

The Gerstner International Tool Box line is made in China, but the original Gerstner’s line is still made in Ohio.

FWIW

I have an original 7 drawer Gerstner oak box dating from the 1920's or before. It blonged to my maternal grandfather who was a machinist, I believe for Jones and Lamson in Springfield, VT. It's still in nice shape and holds a few of his original tools. I use his micrometer for reloading. I'm very glad to have these things. He was born in the early 1880's and died in 1953 when I was 2. I actually have one vague memory of him. One of his first jobs was driving an actual stage coach pulled by a 4 horse team between Acworth, NH and Bellows Falls, VT. He had a buffalo robe for keeping warm in the winter. My grandmother later made stuffed animals out of it.

Back