General Discussion Section more civil!

M

Mr. D

The General Discussion Section is much more civil! There is hope! Thank you Wilbur and others who have been working on it! It's nice to be able to discuss and issue without death threats!!! :D :D :D

The General Discussion Section is much more civil! There is hope! Thank you Wilbur and others who have been working on it! It's nice to be able to discuss and issue without death threats!!! :D :D :D

I glad that you said that Mr. D. Most of the people on this forum are true gentlemen and behave civilly without being reminded. There have some good discussions lately. We should thank each other. These forums are well worth the effort. Thank you Wilbur.

Concho Bill

Yes, But...

...there are still a few &#%&&%# (you choose the appropriate descriptive term).

There have been a few threads deleted or modified to get rid of the same old, tired rants. Some just can't help themselves...

...there are still a few &#%&&%# (you choose the appropriate descriptive term).

There have been a few threads deleted or modified to get rid of the same old, tired rants. Some just can't help themselves...

I'm not sure we should be upset with people's opinions, but rather how civilly and politely they express them. Unless we all turn into sheep we will always think and say things others disagree with, but we can try to listen with an open mind and respond in a civil and respectful way.

Wow! This is great! I've had discussions with others and haven't received a death threat or been called a commie since we started over! Congratulations to all that I irritate with my opinions! I sincerely bow to you gentlemen, because I know it has not been easy!

Progress!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, thank you Wilbur, Bill and all members who think my opinions are all wet!

Most are trying to do better. We'll just have to wait a bit longer for a few! :D

LH, Best wishes to your son and for his safety!

The best wishes

for my son's safety was directed to me LH. Mr. D slipped with the person for whom it was intended.

Doesn't sound so civil to me..................Maybe that's why I don't visit here much anymore.

RStiefel,

I got confused, Best Wishes to your son and his safety. We all honor his service!

Thanks Mr. D

I passed your well wishes along to my son in a letter to him yesterday.

Guys,

I looked this thread over and it was getting a little rough so I cleaned it up some. I feel that thing were said that were not thought out so I just edited some. I didn't mean to offend anyone and I hope that no one was offended. Personal attacks did not fit very well.

Concho Bill

I removed

2 threads. One was getting too far out of control and turning into nothing more than arguments. The other generated very little interest in all of us doing our part to get away from foreign oil consumption. PITY!!!

2 threads. One was getting too far out of control and turning into nothing more than arguments. The other generated very little interest in all of us doing our part to get away from foreign oil consumption. PITY!!!

A few thoughts:

(1.) I don't think arguments are a problem unless they become uncivil and personal. Anything that is really important will get people a little emotional, but they can still be civil. The only way to keep from arguing is to engage in only small talk about things we could care less about. (Boring and meaningless.) I don't care if Starbuck's iced coffee is better than McDonalds! That's how my wife's bowling league gals talk! :eek: :eek: :eek:

(2.) If a subject really shows very little interest it will die away.

(3.) I think the most important job of the moderators is to keep people civil and discourage personal attacks and prejudicial attitudes. If a moderator cuts a thread or censors a post based on their personal pro/con opinion that moderator will lose credibility very quickly. The standard should be about civil behavior, not censorship! I think that is what the moderators have been trying to do and I support them!

If a couple of people on this forum were moderators I would have every single word censored and would have been banned the 1st week I started posting. :eek: :eek: :eek: Moderators have to be neutral as to right/left, Democrat/Republican, etc. when cutting threads and simply enforce rules of civility as the standard! Being uncivil is what caused our problems not having different opinions!

Just my 3¢! (Inflation) :D

Guys,

I looked this thread over and it was getting a little rough so I cleaned it up some. I feel that thing were said that were not thought out so I just edited some. I didn't mean to offend anyone and I hope that no one was offended. Personal attacks did not fit very well.

Concho Bill

Bill,

What about the "I Don't Trust Obama....." thread?? Is it a little too rough too???

Back