FX-II vs. FX-III

RandyG

I plan on shooting IR 50/50 for the first time this summer and need your input on two scopes I have my eye on. I will be shooting in the sporter class which is limited to a 6.5x scope. I was looking at two Leupold scopes that are offered in gloss (definately want a gloss scope) that would also perform admireably in their secondary role as a hunting scope. I am looking at both the FX-II 6x36 and the FX-III 6x42. Can I get some input on which one would be the most desireable for this dual role? I'm leaning towards the FX-II but if the glass in the FX-III is worth the extra $100, I will go that way.

Thanks,
RG

Of the two you mentioned, get the 6X42 Competition with the target turrets and adjustable objective, if you can stand the weight. An adjustable object is necessary, parrallex is a big deal in sporter scopes, you have to be able to adjust it out. Good luck.

Randy, the smaller scope is quite a bit older. The 42mm is better in every way, glass, turrets, parralax. I've got 2 and they're the class of the 6x field. Make sure you get the current production[ from 2007+] it has improved clicks in turrets, more posative.

Back