Fullfield II or Buckmaster?

I've got a couple of 6-18 Buckmasters on prairie dog rifles, and they're good scopes. The new Fullfield II Burris scopes are made in China while the Buckmasters are made in the Philippines if that's a consideration.

When did Burris send the Fullfield II manufacture to China? The year or two old and back were very rugged and had excellent glass for the price point.

About the time they started offering them with a set of binoculars for the same price the old ones were. I couldn't figure it out, but looked at some in a local store and sho' 'nuff "Made in China".

GaryO
I have 2 of the Buckmasters and 1 of the Burris FFII,I love the clarity of the Burris, and I like the convience of the side focus knob on the Buckmasters! I did have a problem with the 6-18 Buckmaster,I boxed it up sent it back and they did the repair and I have not had a problem with it since that was 3 years ago. I would also tell you that if you can afford a bit more I have a Nikon Monarch UCC that is a fantastic scope. The Burris is on a 325WSM Kimber 8400 and it has taken a beating the last couple of hunting seasons, I highly recommend the one with the extra dots(BDC) reticle.

Last edited:
Burris is still American Made! They just have a couple of the less expensive lines made over seas to compete with the Simmons, BSA, and other much lesser quality companies. That is as of now, I have a new 8x32x50mm Black Diamond, 100% Made In The USA and I wouldn't trade it for any other scope in this range. Have had both of the scopes questioned and both are pretty descent for the money. would definetly pay the couple extra dollars for the ballistic plex.

Last edited:
Burris el cheapo binocs and mini spotting scope that come in the combo package with Fullfield II scope are made in China. The binocs fell apart quickly.

The Fullfield II's are assembled in Philipines. The higher end lines are made in America. I have 4 Burris scopes and the aforementioned binocs and spotting scope. More than happy with the rifle scopes, and the 20$ premium binocs are not worth 20$.

The Fullfield II is great bang for buck as is the Nikon Buckmaster. If you want the mil-dot reticle and side focus of the Nikon, go for it. Cabela's had a great price on it.

Geeze..

About the time they started offering them with a set of binoculars for the same price the old ones were. I couldn't figure it out, but looked at some in a local store and sho' 'nuff "Made in China".

thanks for the info. I am looking at a Burris vs. Leupold for a varmint rifle. Guess I'll buy the Leupold. American companies making goods in Communist China is...well...a terrible affront to free people. JMHO Tks --Greg

Back