front rest ??

S

scarecrow

Looking to get a decent front rest for some bench rest shooting.
What do you all think is a good not to expensive model to get
being on disability makes it tough to compete with some others.
So looking for something that is fairly decent without taking
out a loan..I am sure some of you know where i'm coming from
here...Thank you ..

Take a look at the rests on Bullets.Com. Some are on sale there. The prices won't break the bank. How ever I,m not sure they are made in the USA. If that is a concern.

John

Take a look at the rests on Bullets.Com. Some are on sale there. The prices won't break the bank. How ever I,m not sure they are made in the USA. If that is a concern.

John

thanks Vargetman.......appreciate it...John:cool:

these matchs are basicly informal f class style shoots...Not sanctioned
shoots.Just a few guys getting together to make noise and make a few bucks for\the club here..
So maybe the cauldwell,would be all I really need..????john:rolleyes:

these matchs are basicly informal f class style shoots...Not sanctioned
shoots.Just a few guys getting together to make noise and make a few bucks for\the club here..
So maybe the cauldwell,would be all I really need..????john:rolleyes:

Maybe the Caldwell will work for you, but keep something in mind. Cheap tools/equipment are a bit like cheap glass. It can be the most expensive stuff you'll buy because you WILL end up replacing it with something good if you stay in the sport. Also, not many folks will give you much, if anything for the cheap stuff when you decide to get rid of it. If you do choose to buy a rest like a SEB or a Farley, wait around a while for a deal on used one and if/when you decide to sell it you will recover your investment and maybe make a few $$. There is a reason that folks pay the extra bucks for the good stuff and it usually isn't to impress somebody. They cost more because they are worth it. Get the good stuff and you only cry once.

Rick

You might advertize in the wanted section or check with Shooter Corner and see if they have a nice used rest.

Hal

once again,I appreciate your reply's and will consider them all..

I would recommend a coaxial rest for FClass. If not, it requires getting out of your shooting position to make a rest adjustment. Not so with a coaxial.

Looking to get a decent front rest for some bench rest shooting. What do you all think is a good not to expensive model to get
being on disability makes it tough to compete with some others. So looking for something that is fairly decent without taking out a loan..I am sure some of you know where i'm coming from here...Thank you ..

Buy what you can afford. Later, if you upgrade, you can consider the earlier purchase as ... tuition paid for an education. :)

Since the OP used the term "on" disability, I imagine he was indicating that he has not got $$$$$$ spend. Being in that same boat, I can definitely understand. My experience with 2 different Caldwell rests leads me to agree with the comment about cheap rest being a false economy. Sinclair makes or sells a fair variety of rests and the prices are not out of line. Saving up for one of them or a good used one of any the better brands could be the way to go. Haunt the classifieds here or at 6mmbr.com.

Back