Front Rest

NesikaPPC

For those of us on a tight budget...Will a Sinclair adjustable front rest work just as well if I am not shooting competition. I've seen Farley co-ax advertised for several hundred dollars and close to a thousand. Is it that much better than one from Sinclair?

Which Sinclair are you referring to? I use their competition BR with windage and am pleased. Farley's are just outstanding and one of the best match-grade rests. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to compete with the aforementioned Sinclair.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

If you are looking around I would also look at the grizzly.com website, they sell BaldEagle rest that are close in price to some of the sinclairs. Like lee said nothing wrong with the Sinclair and it would serve you well, just offering you something else to look at.

For those of us on a tight budget...Will a Sinclair adjustable front rest work just as well if I am not shooting competition. I've seen Farley co-ax advertised for several hundred dollars and close to a thousand. Is it that much better than one from Sinclair?

I have and have had several Sinclairs, and several Farleys. May I suggest something completely different? For all-round fun shooting it's really hard to beat the inherent stability of a Bull's Bag style front rest. Dog Gone Good Bags makes a fine one. They won't work well for competition because they're painfully slow to adjust, but they SHOOT fine. If you foresee competing then the Bull's style bag is no good, but by the same token the cheaper Sinclair's with the undersized centerpost can be incredibly aggavating :)

The big Sinclair is a good rest.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/shootin...lair-competition-shooting-rest-prod39322.aspx

IMO

al

What discipline? Co-ax rests are almost an absolute in score shooting,IMO, where there is a lot more moving around the target than in group.

Your question throws me for a loop. Why do you think that Farley is the best, and that you have to have one? You state that your not shooting competition, so exactly what are you doing? You don't state which Sinclair rest your talking about, the lower end rest called the " light weight rest," is a great starter, and at a low cost would be a great rest for someone sighting in there rifle, to someone shooting weekly club match's. For a rest to be good it must be solid. The next level up is what Sinclair now calls their "heavy Varmint rest," this rest is similar to what Hart sells as well, and some of the best group shooters in the world are using a rest similar to this. This rest is also see in long range Benchrest shooting as well, and it works. Sinclair's top of the line "competition rest" I feel is every bit as good, if not better than a Farley rest. I hope this answers your question.

Back