Friend Lynn, Calfee

K

Kathy

Friend Lynn:

I don't have time to view too many threads on this awesome forum...but, tonight I spent some time viewing some.......some you were part of my friend....

Lynn, I would like to thank you for all you do to advance accuracy.......

It's folks like you, with your hard work, and dedication, that makes the path toward increased accuracy easier for the rest of us......

"Give me ten men, who are stout hearted men, and I'll soon give you ten thousand more"..

Lynn, you "are" one of the "stout hearted men"..

Your friend, Bill Calfee

What a wonderful opportunity you offer to become a funny peoples club member:D

Lynn

Lynn,

With all due respect to you and Mr. Calfee, I have yet to see any empirical evidence that his ideas are correct.

While his record of building accurate rifles is long standing and the fact that some of the finest shooters have utilized these rifles to win many championships does not prove his ideas. At best, it provides only anecdotal evidence.

In addition, when other ideas are presented that have been subjected to consistent testing and provide replicated results, Mr. Calfee dismisses these ideas based on his experience and opinion, without attempting the same testing protocol.

Lastly, his reputation has been questioned regarding a missing barrel and until he addresses this issue, his legacy will be tainted.

I think you have to put everything into the context of when and how it was said.
I worked with waves for 22 years in silicon valley and believe me when I tell you I've heard alot of wave theory presented there and here.I understand the debates between Varmint Al and Mr Calfee but believe 99.99% of it is a communication problem.I like Varmint Al and I like Bill Calfee they just aren't communicating in a manner that is working right now.If you've ever been married you'll understand what that means.

Lynn
I too am convinced that he results Bill has been seeing are indeed factual. It's only his interpretation of the theory that I think he's incorrect on.

Lynn, 15 years ago Bill proclaimed that with tuners you could tune the barrel for the different lot #s of ammo. He said it like it was carved in stone and anyone who did not believe it was dead wrong. Well now, guess what? He admits he was wrong then but he is right now. Bill is very opinionated and has no tolerance for anyone elses views. There is no way anyone else can be right and Bill be wrong. Lynn,do you understand what I am trying to say or do I just not have the right to disagree?

LOL. The funny thing about that is that he is even more right about what he said THEN than what he is saying now (In my opinion). His current methods tune the barrel to a wider range of lot #s, but a really drastic change in MV will still require a tuning change. I do not think anyone will be able to prove or disprove this theory because to get that kind of velocity difference would require a rechambering - which would introduce some additional variables. Best test would likely be to tune a barrel chambered in a caliber that can be loaded from subsonic up to Mach3+ and still hold tight groups throughout...water test and all.

Seems you know more than a little

Can't add any thing else to James' answer. James I don't think you have to answer to Lynn, you're not on trial.

Meant to be

I guess you got the point, it was supposed to be comical and absurd. You seem to put everyone on trial if the comment on this board. I know James, and have for many years, and he speaks the facts and that's no BS.
Take it for whats it's worth Lynn, you're just trying to get Bill C to sell to you California wonders. I'm getting ready to go shoot in some West Test Winds, you should come on down a learn something.

humour content

i read the threads for a giggle.never has so much been written,but so little communicated.Oh and for tips on sandwich making.There is of course the chance that some knowledge may be obtained but I need a translator.:D

Not to get in the middle of something...but are the water test and flipper test two diferent things. I thought the flipper was the unwanted result in the water test.
Don

Lynn
I got one of Butch Lamberts tuners to test on my 40X. Last week it was very promising. I had Eley Club at 1079 vel, Eley match EPS at 1060, and Eley match round nose at 1066 and a lot of Lapua CenterX. I had it tuned well enough that all shot the same POI.
All passed the water test with no flippers. Of course I don't have the full instructions...just the info gleaned from posts here.
Practice time this week showed a vertical shift of POI of two clicks from last week and the groups opened up visibly. Turning the rings in two numbers put it back on track.
No I did not shoot over the chronograph. The velocity quoted is Eleys numbers on the boxes. I can't influence the velocity anyway so did not bother. I have found that the velocity jumps all over with the Eley anyway and rarely matches the posted numbers. My over priced weather gadget is broke so I cannot tell you what the DA was. Temp was roughly the same and the weather man said humidity was up about 10 % (70 vs 80) I suspect the info Gene Beggs has reported on moving the tuners to adjust for DA changes might have been what I was seeing.
Now to decide if I trust it enough to take it to The 50/50 nats instead of my Suhl.
Don

James
You did not mention the pvc Parallel Noodles. I am testing one of those on a cut rifled Benchmark which is on my 52D. I guess that makes it a double test. I have it shooting well with three different ammos but have not coaxed a 250 out of it yet. I can get 15 to 17 X's but still drop a "9" now and then
I seriously doubt it is the tuner or the barrel though. If I would quit shooting every wind condition that appears during a target, I might score better. I have only shot one target in a match though so keep trying to learn where it shoots in all conditions. It passes the water test just fine. Cannot add more wt though. It is within 1/2 ounce of the 10 1/2 limit.
Don

Back