Freebore for 223 reamer

Ken Livengood

Does anybody know the freebore needed on a 223 reamer with a 1 1/2 degree lead, this is for 69 gr sierra hpbt match bullets, I need it to be in the lands @ magazine length 2.260.
The group I am doing these barrels for is very fussy and it has to be right. I know I could get a throater, but I would sooner do everything with the reamer.
Also what neck diameter would be good for Lapua brass, no neck turn.
Any help would be apprieciated.

Ken Livengood

Your neighbor, Jim Borden, has done some CAD solutions on this. At worst case do a graphic solution manually. Just draw it about 10x. At 10x you can get within about 0.005". OR, send Kiff a seated bullet to grind from.

kevin,
get a bullet and a case, seat it to 2.240 and send to dave kiff with any other design requirements....
if you do in the lands at 2.260...you will shortly be off the lands and no way to lengthen the round.
the narrow 1 1/2 lead will move quickly with a stoud load behind a 69......

mike in co

brass....go look a the spec... i did a .250 but think you could do less.

mike in co

Check out the reamer print for the Wylde throat - this has been almost universally used for XC HP throats in AR15s.

not.
this reamer is set up to accept 80 gr at about 2.45...not a 69 at 2.2xx...
yes it is a great universal/across the course reamer..but not a bullet specific reamer.
mike in co
Check out the reamer print for the Wylde throat - this has been almost universally used for XC HP throats in AR15s.

Back