First time out with new front benchrest

M

MemphisJim1

Yesterday I had the opportunity to take the (new to me) Kimber 82G to the range to get acquainted with the new Bald Eagle front rest. (Note: I had to settle for an aluminum Bald Eagle as the cast iron ones aren't expected in until September.) I guess I qualify only as a moderately serious benchrester as I've been slowly upgrading equipment as finances allow. I shot a Savage MkII Mako for three years of practice before scoring the Kimber a few months ago. The front rest was a light duty basic thing that had to serve until an upgrade was possible. I started with a BSA Sweet 22 scope but was able to get a Nikon EFR with precision reticle last year. My Savage did quite well with Eley Tenex and almost as well with Wolf Match Extra so I stocked up on the Wolf. Fortunately the Kimber has the same tastes. The biggest difference I noted yesterday was consistency. I shoot ARA targets as I have a large supply of them. On the second series yesterday, I scored a personal best: not one 0 (zero) on the target. A lot of the scores were 25s and 50s with a few 10s thrown in for variety. But, there were enough 100s to keep it interesting. Temps were in the low 90s with a 5 mph tailwind. I'd post a pic or two but I don't have a Windows 8.0 compatible rig yet.

A question, aside from the shooting stuff

What does it have to do with Windows 8? I'm asking because if Win 8 is required to post a picture, then I've got some work to do.

It's easier to ask than to go post a picture...

My Canon worked very well for Windows 95 and XP. It won't work at all for Windows 8.1. Why not? I am left to assume there's some quirk in the code somewhere that won't let it connect. On the other hand, the camera is 8-years-old now (2 lifetimes in the tech world) and is just roadkill in the eyes of the techies, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just one of the reasons I have no use win -7-8, and I have a vista unit that is useless to me also. I will stay with xp as long as possible. Planned obsolescence is something I can not afford.

Back