First Results from Salem, or "Battle of the Walther LGR's"

Renegade

Dan Gibeault and I were the only shooters tonight, and couldn't have asked for better conditions to boost our confidence in our Walther LGR's. I don't think the wind ever got to 3 mph during the entire match, with the tails just barely moving for most of the evening. Dan was shooting RWS R-10's out of his Walther LGR Match, and I started out with H&N Silhouettes on the first two targets and switched to CPL's part way through the last target.

Dan, never having shot the Walther on the clock, and only having it for a few days, was worried about being able to finish a target in 20 minutes. Not only did he figure out how to load and cock the Walther while sitting down (I have to stand to cock mine), he finished the 2nd and 3rd targets ahead of me, and won the last target.

We both had fun tonight, and we're looking forward to the next match, and maybe someone to shoot against!

Here are the scores:
Target 1
Todd Banks-----241-3X
Dan Gibeault----235-0X

Target 2
Todd Banks-----237-3X
Dan Gibeault----233-0X

Target 3
Dan Gibeault----241-0X
Todd Banks-----239-0X

Agg
Todd Banks----- 717-6X
Dan Gibeault-----709-0X

Todd,
Love those scores you and Dan shot with the LGR's. They were all better than my first target at PM with my THEOBEN. I would loved to have shot my LGR with you. Thanks for loaning me your book. I put two copies and your book in the mail this morning. I also sent out 6 others to people that wanted them. I am going to shoot the LGR indoors this Sat at Holbrook's indoor AGBR match.
Great shooting Todd and Dan.
Paul

Good shootin' guys. Looking forward to seeing some more good scores from y'all.

Gary

Todd,
Our indoor Match record is 239 2X both you and Dan beat that with your 241's. Awesume Shooting!
Paul

Todd and Dan great scores and congrats. Todd can't wait to see what you do when you get the new rifle. Keep plugging away you"ll get more shooters.

Take Care,
Joe

Isn't this game awesome! And it's so damn addictive too!

Congratulations on shooting some great scores in the Match Class, but what else should be expected from two of the best.

Dave

Thanks guys,
It really was a fun little match, even if it was only two shooters. Dan and I both know how lucky we got with the conditions last night. My average scores in conditions like we normally get for a daytime match at Salem or Pinnacle are about 10 points below what we shot yesterday. That light pellet @ 600 fps sure moves ALOT in the wind!

Paul,
I know you've already shot a 247 indoors in practice with your Walther, so I'm expecting to see you shatter the Indoor World Match Record on Sat. I wouldn't be surprised if that FWB Springer comes close to the Match scores, either.

Joe, Ssshhh. I was going to surprise them when I showed up with it at a match next month;).

Todd

Back