Fiocchi 320 Super Match

32paperholes

Hello. New Guy Here.
So how does the Fiocchi 320 Super Match compare to Federal Ultra Match? I have been using the Federal and my 40 X seems to like it but I wanted to try something different and I have never seen any of the Fiocchi at any of our matches.
Thanks

It might shoot well enough but it depends on what "well enough" means. If you want to shoot the best you can you need to find the right ammo and only you can determine the price you'll pay. That said, a few boxes of Eley and Lapua (different boxes) might show you something you didn't know about your rifle.

What's the game you're shooting?

It might shoot well enough but it depends on what "well enough" means. If you want to shoot the best you can you need to find the right ammo and only you can determine the price you'll pay. That said, a few boxes of Eley and Lapua (different boxes) might show you something you didn't know about your rifle.

What's the game you're shooting?

I have tried Eley and Lapua.

50 yards, bench, 10 counted shots.

I am hoping the Fiocchi works good because I ordered 4 boxes and they shipped me 4 bricks!

If you paid for 4 boxes you came out pretty good! If Eley or Lapua doesn't shoot better, you're good to go!!!

When I first started in ARA, all I had was an Anchutz 64MPR. I put a tuner and a plastic forend plate on it. With most ammo, it was just OK. But with SM320, it was actually competitive. I still have good memories about SM 320. It held its own against far more expensive ammo shot out of custom rifles in local matches.
Hawkeye Wizard

Who has Fiocchi 320 for sale!

I`ve seen it one time back several years ago . Dave Smith from Florida had some @ Gene`s Rimfire Range and gave me a box ! That is the only time I have ever seen it at a ARA match that I know of !

32paperholes,
It's been a decade since I shot it in competition.
Now that our formal ARA season is over, I need something else to shoot. Maybe I'll get out the 64MPR and some old SM320 and see if it still shoots as good as it used to.

Let us know how the current production shoots for you.

Hawkeye Wizard

Slick,
Lots of places, including Midway and SWFA, show it for sale. Just Google it.
BTW, buy SM320, not M320.
Hawkeye Wizard

Last edited:
rifles preference plus your tuning abilities

Don't ever be afraid to try something new! You might just uncover the edge everyone is looking for!! What works for others does not mean it will work for your set up.Once you find something that works, buy all you can, (it runs out way too fast) Spend time at the range with your flags out, study, wind conditions, light changes etc. learn how to deal with mirage,(also retina image) and shoot every gun that you plan to campaign or enjoy shooting. Keep track of what you are doing, a journal, dope book whatever you want to call it, learn to track your shooting, what works what don't. It is easier to manage your shooting if you have records to compare past performances. If it is worth doing at the range it is worth recording in the journal. Study all this with an open mind and you'll see patterns starting to develop, some of value, some to avoid. Shoot often, to shoot well!

Back