Finally... I think I'm getting there....

garandman

After re-stocking and re-barrelling the CZ 455, and getting terrible results from more than a dozen different ammos, and sending a T36 back to Weaver, to have them tell me its un-repairable, and sending the gun to Lilja to get the barrel headspaced and buying another T36....

I'm finally getting passable groups from this rifle.

The two flat "misses" were likely my fault.

XLR chassis
Lilja barrrel
Timney trigger
Weaver T36 scope
YHM Stinger
UTG bipod ( I know, I know.... but they are actually darned good)

Lapua Midas + 22rf.

50 yards. Diamonds are 0.355" across the flats.

29388995_10160389314860107_5732711231878332416_o.jpg

29496601_10160389314995107_1730595387602894848_n.jpg

Its been a wild, amazing, sometimes less than fun journey, but the destination in kinda cool.

Last edited:
I guess my gun is too "cool" ... or not un-cool enuf for comment?

I'd at least be interested in comments on the relative accuracy of my gun vs. guns I'll be competing against.....

Looks fine

Just find you a match and go shoot. That's about the only way you will see where you stand.
Todd

22 ARA PSL IR 50 Matches

Never seen a rifle like that at any matches I shoot in. Have seen some good Czs.

Target results

If I were testing I would shoot 3 shot grps, that would tell me if rifle is ready or?

If I were testing I would shoot 3 shot grps, that would tell me if rifle is ready or?

I agree. Will do so next time out. Was mostly getting sighted in here.

Really, I'm not looking to win matches....mostly just improve my own skills. But hey.... if I can win a match.... :)

You got it

Hi Garandman
Your project turned out very well, and it looks like it will shoot.
The target is a home-brew of an IR50/50. The 10 ring is just under .25”,
I shoot them at 25yds indoors. It’s still too cold to shoot outside. The rifle I shoot is
A Weihrauch HW660M. Cycling the bolt is like arm wrestling a gorilla but the barrel
and trigger are like silk.

Bob

Attachments

• DSC02081.JPG
    DSC02081.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 298
  • DSC02084.JPG
    DSC02084.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 277
Hi Garandman
The target is a home-brew of an IR50/50. The 10 ring is just under .25”,
I shoot them at 25yds indoors. It’s still too cold to shoot outside. The rifle I shoot is
A Weihrauch HW660M. Cycling the bolt is like arm wrestling a gorilla but the barrel
and trigger are like silk.

Bob

What's the scope?

I don't think I'll be able to run with you, for a while. :)

Nice gun, and thanx for the pics. They give me a good idea of what's out there, and what a good target looks like ('cept for that upper left bull.... I get the sense those flyers are just part of the territory)

:)

Last edited:
The upper left target and the ones just below it were cold barrel shots. The gun didn’t settle down until after the third shot. The scope is a Mueller 8-32 target. I just recently got it and mounted it. It required just a few clicks to center up. It replaced a tactical I wasn’t pleased with. I’m hoping I will shoot as well at 50yds. I started shooting BR back in 2015, It’s taken this long, shooting 100 rounds a week, to start seeing some results. Never give up just keep shooting.

Bob

I guess my gun is too "cool" ... or not un-cool enuf for comment?

I'd at least be interested in comments on the relative accuracy of my gun vs. guns I'll be competing against.....

You're on a benchrest forum. Most guys, including myself, don't really know what it is or what is going to be used for.
Not negative, simply a mystery.
Most bench guns are built to a standard formula goverened by the respective sanctioning body.

Last edited:
You're on a benchrest forum. Most guys, including myself, don't really know what it is or what is going to be used for.
Not negative, simply a mystery.
Most bench guns are built to a standard formula governed by the respective sanctioning body.

Intended use: benchrest.

ALL my rifles have a practical side. None are such they have no use other than benchrest.... strictly table top guns

I'm not into "sanctioning bodies" and their rules. :)

MOST of my shooting is benchrest, but not competition. They really are two different things.

Last edited:
I would say the way your rifle is configured, it would be more appropiate for F-class rimfire competition than Benchrest.

So you would not be disappointed at a registered Bench match, you should really check the RF Bench rules to be sure your rifle is elgible for 10.5 lb. class or 13.5 lb. class that would be contested.

I shoot short range centerfire, so I'm not familure with the rules of the various RF venues. I think the RF shooters here can direct you to the appropiate information.

As you mentioned above you are not into rules, then this is really not the forum you want. These guys here are formal competitors, and conform to the rule of whatever RF bench venue they are shooting. They all at one time or another have reviewed the rule specific to them.

FWIW
Steve Kostanich

Last edited:
Find a unlimited match and go shoot!

Garandman you are shorting yourself by not going to a match. We shot alot of matches last year against as good as it gets in ARA and finished at the bottom of the page ALOT. Did I like it, nope, but we never left without learning something. Go to a match and find out where you stand. Your doing yourself a disservice by not and you will gain more respect from these guys for trying. Todd

Last edited:
Fwiw

If you like the rifle setup that way and it does what you expect, that is all that matters. For a CZ and especially a 455, your target looks good. This was shot with a CZ452 Trainer @ 50 yds, using bi-pods as well. Mine is basically stock, other than some trigger work and for a 300.00 sporter, it does okay. I would suggest to go to some matches, compete with others, it will only make you better.

Attachments

• kEReNFk.jpg
    kEReNFk.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 201
Back