Field Target match

Joe,
We started hosting FT matches here at Salem late last year and it's proving MUCH more successful than our BR matches(10-15 shooters at every match vs. 0-4!). It's a lot more work to run a FT match but it's also a lot of fun to shoot. I use my one remaining Dawson in a Rapid MFR stock for Hunter class and am doing pretty well with it. You should try it sometime! I know you've got one or two FT guys that shoot with you;)
Todd

There is a pretty active FT club here in metro Atlanta. Alas, they aren't interested in BR.

Field Target Brought me here!

Joe,

Around 21 years ago. I found airguns and Field Target. Started with bullseye air pistol competition then NRA pistol silhouette. I had a friend that traveled to Baton Rouge for a Field Target Match. We bought few targets and shot a Match or two in an open Field. Not the same as the woods with targets in trees and peeking out from logs etc. I made every match I could find and traveled two or three times to National Matches. My old NJR 100 led me to BR50 where I did well at the US Nationals in 95. Then I found Steve George.

There is a club about 90 miles from Houston where the US Nationals will be held. I have ordered a TM100 to shoot Hunter Class in Somerville. It is a different challenge and just one more opportunity to pull the trigger. There is an active group in California and you have some great FT competitors shooting with your group.

Bob Zimmerman

I love shooting BR to tune up for FT

shooting for 10 ring makes even a .25 FT killzone seem positively huge. BR requires disciplined shooting to get any kind of decent score and that can translate to FT. Also, shooting BR in the windy conditions that prevail out here on the west coast is a tremendous aid in shooting on a windy FT course. I'd recommend that any ST shooter in any class give up a few hours of FT range practice and use that time to shoot a BR match. About half of the Southern California FT shooters shoot both now and i think it shows in the consistent shooting in both sports.

I'm very grateful for the FT shooters that participate in BR to support any club, they are the majority here at our club.

Bob, you been at a long time, thank you for your support.

jz2, feel the same way.

Todd, one of these days I'll have to give FT a try.

Regards,
Joe

Back