What is recommended to purchase--Brand and accessories
Availability
Any indoor matches in midwest--Iowa/Illinois/Missouri

Thanks for any and all answers
CLP

Entry Level

Hi,

This is not a product endorsement.

If you just want to give air gunning a try, buy something like the Diana Stormrider in .177, an Air Venturi hand pump, and a few tins of pellets. Add your own scope and rings and your good to go for less than $500.00.

Things get more complicated, and expensive, from there.

Jan Pritchard

Hi,

This is not a product endorsement.

If you just want to give air gunning a try, buy something like the Diana Stormrider in .177, an Air Venturi hand pump, and a few tins of pellets. Add your own scope and rings and your good to go for less than $500.00.

Things get more complicated, and expensive, from there.

Jan Pritchard
Thanks
Will check it out
CLP

Tis a slippery slope, My vote all though more expensive up front Air Arms T200 (has high low velocity),Air Force Edge, Crossman Challenger as this uses the same trigger as the Marauder lots of tinkering pieces to improve trigger).
I have not shot the Edge, T200 I have, it was acceptable, Crossman - not shot one. all 3 are aproved for sporter matches or 3 position matches which is what you might find going on in the winter months. If reall lucky a br match might pop up. Air BR being the new kid on the block. An Anshultz 2002pcp , FWB or Walther units would really be nice.( double + price wise- resale dosent significantly diminsh) I have shot 25 yard air BR, in and out door with my Walther and Anshultz (#2025) slight edge to the Walther.
Hand pump = cardiovascular work out. The BR aspect has evolved equipment wise conciderably over the past 15 years. Still, as with rf units, are a bit pellet sensitive. 500 rounds under $20 or less. To get away from hand pump requires a Scuba tank and either getting filled at a dive shop or your own compressor- there in lies the gotcha to PCP Air.

Tis a slippery slope, My vote all though more expensive up front Air Arms T200 (has high low velocity),Air Force Edge, Crossman Challenger as this uses the same trigger as the Marauder lots of tinkering pieces to improve trigger).
I have not shot the Edge, T200 I have, it was acceptable, Crossman - not shot one. all 3 are aproved for sporter matches or 3 position matches which is what you might find going on in the winter months. If reall lucky a br match might pop up. Air BR being the new kid on the block. An Anshultz 2002pcp , FWB or Walther units would really be nice.( double + price wise- resale dosent significantly diminsh) I have shot 25 yard air BR, in and out door with my Walther and Anshultz (#2025) slight edge to the Walther.
Hand pump = cardiovascular work out. The BR aspect has evolved equipment wise conciderably over the past 15 years. Still, as with rf units, are a bit pellet sensitive. 500 rounds under $20 or less. To get away from hand pump requires a Scuba tank and either getting filled at a dive shop or your own compressor- there in lies the gotcha to PCP Air.
Leaning towards the T200 Sported Air Rifle from Champions Choice.
They seem like a good supplier and willing to help.
Sounds and looks like the T200 you recommended.
They recommended the air tank also--avoid the cardio work-out??
This is made by CZ like the T200
Any further recommendations or suggestions ?

Last edited:
Sign up on TargetTalk.com. Lots of people there that shoot competition airgun rifle and pistol. You can usually also find some of the High End stuff used too.

Bob

Last edited:
You can also talk to Charles Pearson at Champions Choice. "nikkonos" on eBay is a Canadian Supplier that I have dealt with and who has been responsive and also great prices, especially on imported things due to the weakness of the Canadian dollar.

Bob

Forgot to ask. Are you talking Pistol or Rifle (though you said air rifle accuracy). I assume rifle for your other post.

If you want to get Bit - You could do a Walther Olympic Rifle or a Morini or Match Guns Pistol.

Bob

Last edited:
top unit right now is the Thomas right up there with a custom br rim fire cost wise. RAW units were very good also - recently the company was purchased by Air Force Arms- kinda hard to say what will transpire with those now. The Olympic match style units are limited to apx 550fps in .177 ( 7 ft pounds energy wise)- Olympic rules, are not made in .22. Field target units would be more in line with BR. Haven't read the BR rules lately but it was either .177 or.22 cal. ( why the 5mm/20 cal never really cought on, industry wise, I do not know- flater trajectory than .22 and better ballistics than .177 , guess it's like the 16 ga shotguns really a nice unit when not saddled with a 12 ga frame)

Last edited:
If you get a pcp at about 12 fpe....1 pump on a hand pump equals about one shot. I had only a hand pump my first year and it served me well.

If you got a 10m type gun...which are around 6-7 fpe....even better for shots per pump.

I would agree that the AA S200 is a good gun for the money. You could shoot almost any discipline with it....and it comes around 12fpe I think.

Once I finally got a used firefighter SCBA tank....my local fire department would fill it for me.

Mike

Back