Federal Target Gold Metal?

I use Ultra Match and it does very well in my old 1807 Annie., It is made in Germany by RWS........ jim

Gold Medal Match and Ultra Match are both made in Germany by RWS. I shoot an Anshutz 1416, and a Russian Olympic style rifle they both like the ultra match but the Russian rifle also likes SK pistol match. In rimfire the rifle will show you what it likes, I shoot a lot of Ely products Tenex, Black Box Match, Edge and for overall performance it is hard to beat Black Box Match, it will shoot well in most rifles. Rimfire is all about finding the Lot & Brand that your rifle likes, I buy 1 or two boxes of each brand and test it. Time consuming yes but well worth it it if your serious about doing good at rimfire. The Ultra Match by Federal I would give a solid 8 in my Russian rifle, Federal Gold Meal I would rate a 6, If you interested in the best price on Federal Gold Medal or the Ultra Match, Buds guns has the best price of anyone, the Ultra Match is $8.15 a box every place else is charging $17.00 Hope this info helps.

Last edited:
Back