Federal Primers

Louis.J

Rumor going around that Federal will no longer offer primers to the public has anyone heard the
same and if so any truth to it?

Getting back to the original question, it looks like they are starting to appear at various places now. I was worried about their availability as it seemed the other primer manufacturers were shipping them out in the past month or so. I'm just starting out with 6ppc (or will be in a few weeks when my rifle arrives) and have been hunting for 205M primers. I finally found some today at a somewhat local store that my work took me past. Paid a premium for them (compared to online prices), but I have them now. Not sure which primers in particular you are looking for, but Powder Valley finally showed some available earlier today, Cabelas is showing a pretty good stock of them. I'm sure there are a few other places have them too.

I finally recieved a written response from Federal see below.

John,

Thank you for writing us. We greatly appreciate the time you took to write us. We understand your frustration. As you are aware, we are experiencing high demand for our products.

We have not discontinued our primer offerings.

Back