Falcon action feedback??

zanemoseley

Still trying to decide between new and used. I'm LH and was leaning toward LBRP, there is a LBLP custom build in the classified section with a Falcon action. Looking at equipment lists on PSL I only see a couple Falcon actions listed. What's the good & bad of them...

LH Falcon

I've had good luck with my Falcon, LBLP. I used it in 2018 and it put me up in top in the IR 50/50 score line and SOTY in the 10.5 and 13.5 class. I did have to clean up a few burrs and such but nothing major. Mine had no problems although I don't like the bolt disassembly because I don't like pounding out roll pins. Also there isn't much material left around the extractor cuts and it's prone to cracking. Mine has let go on both sides so that the section of the bolt where the extractor spring clips is no longer attached at the front of the bolt. Hasn't caused any problems yet. I don't know if parts might be a problem down the road.
For 2019 I built a V3 and personally I like the shorter bolt throw better but that's just personal preference and I like the ease of bolt maintenance. It's done equally well for me.

It all comes down to how well does it shoot. If it doesn't shoot well enough to win you'll probably have to spend for a new barrel anyway. so build one just the way you want. Yeah you cry about the money for a week or two but by next year you have no regrets about getting what you want.

Dennis

I'm not trying to steer you away from the Falcon, as I've said mine has been good and has at least 30,000 round through it with out a hiccup. Probably still be going when I'm pushing up daisies! Personally my affection is directly related to how well something performs so any perceived flaws are gladly overlooked after a string of 20 or so Xs.

Dennis

If you're able to shoot it that should tell you what you need to know. I've shot a Falcon for 7 or 8 years now and have done really well with it.

2-2500's

Love my Falcon, shot two 2500's with it. Wish I could have had it when I first started out in the late 90's

Back