Factory Shooters, Whos got Game?

Redrock

Steve Grosvenor
Factory Shooters, Do you have what it takes to hit a dot at 100yds? Is your Rig capable of shooting "IN THE .3's ALL DAY LONG"? Do You Have a competitive nature?

Well, If you can, Stan Ware of SGR Custom Rifles is sponsoring TWO of You for the 2010 Centerfire Postal League.

All NEW factory shooters will be placed in the hat and two lucky individuals WILL get a chance to compete, be eligible for prizes and prize money, and of course a Plague (you have to earn that) if you win the Overall for the 5 Match days.

So the time for Talk is over, I'd Sure like to See some of those Remington Varmints, or Tikka Varmints give these Savages a run, any takers?

Is This is for you, (now i'm giving you a excuse to shoot all summer) please check out the rules, regs, payouts from last year etc @

http://www.bench-talk.com/content/ThePostalShoot.aspx

PS: The future of BR depends on the trigger fingers of the factory shooter.:)

Steve Grosvenor
redrocktools@yahoo.com

That sounds like fun! I've competed a couple times with my factory Sako 6PPC in benchrest matches, and I get creamed by those guy's outstanding custom rifles. I've always liked the idea of a factory benchrest class for those who like to shoot competatively but can't affort a high dollar bench rig.

Here's a pic of a great 5 shot group of a new load I'm working on. Now if I can just get to to do that for 5 groups in a row. :D

Attachments

• BT test.jpg
    BT test.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 374
Gjgo

Good Looking Group for a factory rig,

"Here's a pic of a great 5 shot group of a new load I'm working on. Now if I can just get to to do that for 5 groups in a row. "

Just a Note our Postal is a Score Format, so no need to put 5 groups together, just 25 well placed shots (plus sighters) for each agg.

Postmark Deadline for applications is fast approaching (Mar 17 10) so don't delay, get the app filled out an in the Mail to qualify for the prize drawing.

Good Luck!

Looks Good!

As long as its got a magazine cutout and its a production Rifle, (Not one made by a factory for the purpose of target shooting like some of the high end savages, 40x's and so on) you're good to go.

Optics? Run what ya brung. In other words, No Restrictions on Optics You can Mount a spotting scope on top if you like:eek:.

No restrictions on rest, front or back, just must be 2 separate pieces.

Scoring format? As pictured below. You may shoot as many in the sighter as you wish and you can shoot as many as you like in the targets 1-5 as far as that goes but were gonna score the lowest one. Generally you'll shoot 2 or 3 sighters and then (watching your conditions) run around the Score target shooting #5,then #4, #3,2, and then #1.

All you got to do is put it in that 1/2" circle for a 10, and hit the BIG dot in the middle to score a 10x.

Score5x5.jpg

http://www.bench-talk.com/content/ThePostalShoot.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, it's got a DBM & I shoot off a bipod & a sandbag, so we should be GTG. Thanks, Steve.

...So I guess that begs the question, how does one vie for one of the two sponsored positions? If I spend any more on shooting this month I'll be sleeping in the dog house!

Stan Ware donated entry fees for two NEW factory shooters. What Steve and I are going to do is put all the names of new factory shooters in a hat and draw 2 out. Those two will get a refund of their $65. Please contact us if you have questions.

Please keep in mind, the $65 is for the whole tournament = all summer and part of spring. Plus, you can win other prizes, and (if you shoot well enough)tournament money, placques and certificates. Not to mention, the postal will "get you in touch with" some of the best shooters in the nation who are willing to share their information.

Steve and I hope it works out for you and other shooters.

Stanley

Just a note,

There is no guarantee that you'll win (is there in anything) one of the Sponsorships but one thing I did for you and it might help out with the Wife is break down the shooting cost per day for ya:

Today Mar 17th is Day# 76,
The Last set of targets is due Day #265

Thats 189 days of potential shooting fun for just .35 cents a Day!

Don't know if it will work but you could give it try;)

And to clarify, I did get a couple emails about Postage,

The winners of the Sponsor Targets is responsible for the postage back to me, that would be there only expense, Stan is paying for the Targets, and the Entry fee.

Thanks for all the interest, hopefully some of you will blow the dust of one of your Varmint rigs and start super tuning a load.

Good Luck Shooting in 2010.

This is a link to the results and payouts from last year.
http://www.bench-talk.com/files/folders/2009postals/entry2382.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
A great idea...

But I cannot help but think that if you get as many participants as folks who say their factory varmint rig or favorite deer rifle will shoot 1/4" to 1/2" all day long, your gonna be overwhelmed... :D

Rod

Nodak7mm,

I majorly edited my post after I saw your smiley face. But ya know what - we want those shooters too. Because, maybe, some of them will be like Steve and I and catch the Benchrest Bug.

I thought I was a good shot because I could hit a fox at 300 yds back in IA growing up. Francis Becigneul got both Steve and I started into Benchrest by allowing us to shoot our factory rigs in the postal. I got dead last my first match. It was awesome. I wanted that 250 - so I learned, and realized the more I learn the more I realize I don't know very much.

Yes, some will not like the dissapointment (some don't want to know if they are truely a good shot, and would rather go back to thinking they are a good shot) Others will see it as an opportunity to learn and get better. They will never know which type of person they are unless they try.

Stanley

Last edited:
As long as its got a magazine cutout ?
What if a guy wanted to shoot a # 1V, or any of the other fine single shots, they dont have a mag cutout.

DR

Is there a mailing list for next year? If I had more than a couple days notice (just found out about it) I could likely sign up. Thanks guys.

DR
That rifle would be put in the Factory class due to the falling block and/or Encore exception. (Note - this is an edited post to what I original wrote)

GJgo
All the information can always be found at http://www.bench-talk.com/
If everything goes as planned - Steve and I will be doing this again around this time - we start posting the rules in Late Jan.

Just a reminder to all potential shooters - if you have not sent in your application by now, you have missed the deadline for the prize drawing. However, you can still enter to shoot to try and win $, certificates, & placques.

After doing this for a couple of years - here is my suggestion: If you are unsure - then fill out the app - pay $17.50(I think) for 1 agg - pick the last agg - then you have all summer to shoot those 25 bulls. Then next year, you will know if you like it or not. And yes, you are still elgible to win $ and certificates for that agg.

Hope everybody has a great shooting spring/summer. Let Steve or I know if you have any questions.

Stanley

Last edited:
Nodak7mm,

I majorly edited my post after I saw your smiley face. But ya know what - we want those shooters too. Because, maybe, some of them will be like Steve and I and catch the Benchrest Bug.

I thought I was a good shot because I could hit a fox at 300 yds back in IA growing up. Francis Becigneul got both Steve and I started into Benchrest by allowing us to shoot our factory rigs in the postal. I got dead last my first match. It was awesome. I wanted that 250 - so I learned, and realized the more I learn the more I realize I don't know very much.

Yes, some will not like the disappointment (some don't want to know if they are truly a good shot, and would rather go back to thinking they are a good shot) Others will see it as an opportunity to learn and get better. They will never know which type of person they are unless they try.

Stanley

Stanley, I don't recall, ever, seeing it stated any better that this! :eek:;) RG

DR

My apologies.
"What if a guy wanted to shoot a # 1V, or any of the other fine single shots, they dont have a mag cutout"

I am told that a #1V is a falling block. Falling Blocks and Break Opens are exceptions and fit in the factory class. Sorry about any confusion. If you have any questions - give us a call. Thanks

Back