F-Class Stock for Remington 700

S

Soonlobo

I am building my first F-Class rifle from a base Remington 700.

The McMillan Tooley MBR looks like a great stock, any other suggestions for a composite aftermarket stock?

Thanks!

What type of F-Class rifle are you building? An F-T/R rifle (.223 Remington or .308 Winchester, or military equivalent cartridges) results in a different stock design than what is used for F-Open. (All other cartridges.) This is because F-T/R requires use of a foreend mounted bipod (or a shooting jacket and sling), instead of the front tripod rest normally associated with an F-Open rifle. (You don't need a 3" wide foreend if the forward support is a rifle mounted bipod.) Most of the stocks mentioned by other posters are probably suitable for Open class, but may look a bit "off" on a TR.

Hope this helps.

Asa

Are there vary many fellas shooting the 223? I wouldn't think so unless they shoot in there own class against other shooters shooting a 223. I just don't understand why the 223 is even considered, Lee

Surprisingly i do see a lot of 223 f t/r shooters. Like a challenge i guess! But the OP was asking about an open gun im sure by the stock he asked about

I have a Precision Rifle and Tool Lowboy

and it tracks better than anything I've ever used. Ray builds a lot of F-Class rifles.

Are there vary many fellas shooting the 223? I wouldn't think so unless they shoot in there own class against other shooters shooting a 223. I just don't understand why the 223 is even considered, Lee

I use one with a trued 700 Rem action 30" 7 twist barrel and doing pretty well with. Shoot 80.5 gr bergers at a little over 3000 fps. No recoil and I mainly use it for mid range.

.223`s LR

Some very knowledgeable LR shooters are using 223`s...... several post here......I`m hoping they will chime in.......they have told me.... the flight character of todays .224 bullets are an advantage.Then there`s the recoil factor......
bill

What is that channel under the forearm for? I'd be using this stock for a 40X in F-T/R class with a Sinclair bipod

I'm guessing your talking about the U shaped channel? To help in riding the bag so you don't get a rocking motion from a hump in the middle of the front bag.

Stock

Do not over look Master Class Alex is a Great Stock man .........

Back