Experience with McGowan CM barrels

D

David S

I am working on a couple of hunting rifle projects and trying to decide on which barrel manufacturer to use and whether to got with SS or CM. For a hunting rifle, I really prefer the look of blued CM and wood stocks, but SS can look almost the same with Teflon or Cerakote. Even with a hunting rifle, I strive the the best possible accuracy. In checking out the various barrel makers web sites. I found that McGowan's CM barrels are significantly less expensive than most of the other top barrel makers. If you have experience with McGowan barrels, especially the CM ones, what are your thoughts??

Thanks, David

One thing that I can tell you is that I called the outlet, and asked if they are stress relieved after they are buttoned, and lapped , and they are.

I have used a couple on customer builds, hunting rifles. Both reported back after working up loads that they were getting under 0.5" at 100 yd.
Bobby

I've used 20-25 of the McGowen Barrels, all hunting rifles for, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 308, 270WSM, 257 wtby, 300RUM, 30-06, 7Rem Mag, 7STW, 7RUM, most SS but a few CM, never had a bad barrel or a finished rifle that wouldn't shoot, Dan & Debi are GREAT to work with, never over promise or under deliver, estimates on delivery are always correct not late, I've used their pre-chambered Savage & their blanks for Savage, Remington, Browning & Winchester's, Good products, GREAT people, FIRST CLASS SERVICE!

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

McGowan Barrels

I've used 20-25 of the McGowen Barrels, all hunting rifles for, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 308, 270WSM, 257 wtby, 300RUM, 30-06, 7Rem Mag, 7STW, 7RUM, most SS but a few CM, never had a bad barrel or a finished rifle that wouldn't shoot, Dan & Debi are GREAT to work with, never over promise or under deliver, estimates on delivery are always correct not late, I've used their pre-chambered Savage & their blanks for Savage, Remington, Browning & Winchester's, Good products, GREAT people, FIRST CLASS SERVICE!

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

I`ve used several..... all good..........I shot one in the 2011 Nat`l "F" class championship matches,in 284 cal.The barrel I used was not the reason I did not win.
bill larson

McGowen is my first choice for barrels when building a gun for a customer. How the gun shoots establishes your reputation. You can depend on McGowen barrels to help you meet that goal. I have never had a bad barrel from them and their customer service is outstanding.

Back