Eric Johnson Barrel patch and Great Uncle shooting medals

K

kgill

Hello,

I just joined because I am trying to resarch my Great Uncles shooting medals.

His name was Royston (or Roy) Mumford. He lived in Lorain Ohio and was active in the 30s and 40s that I definately know of.

I am going to compile an inventory of his medals but for now some of them are various placings for Cuyahoga Civilian's Marksman's Ass'n 1930s, NRA 50 feet Prone score 99 for 1935, NRA smallbore sharpshooter, NRA Gallery Sharpshooter, National Matches Dewar Course 2nd place, German Rifle Club 100 feet, Ohio Rifle and Pistol Assn, Lorain Rifle and Pistol Club, Inc., and so on. About 35 medals in all. I am trying to determine with the list I will post, the level of achievement, importance of the medals, and so on. The rumor was he was really good, I wonder how good, how well known, etc.

There is one patch that says Eric Johnson Barrel 10-x Possible 100yds. It is yellow with black lettering. Can anyone enlighten me on that?

All of his guns are gone, all I have are the medals.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Keith Gill

the 10 X patch,means at 100 yards he scored a 10 X on a bull,with his Johnson barrel.

The Lorain Club...was it a FORD Rifle & Pistol club.I have a friend who shot with the Ford/Lorain R&PC. :)

Back