Eric Johnson and G.Titherington rifles

J

john1949

I am a small dealer in Nashville,Tn and have aquired a collection of target rifles marked Eric Johnson and G.Titherington.I am a little familiar with Johnson,but know nothing about Titherington.Would any of the members know anything about him or the quality of his work?Any info would be appreciated.Thanks

What do you need to know?

let me know what kind of info your looking for at mjpetrov@acsalaska.net.

If the Johnson barrel is still on the original rifle I can tell you who it was made for.

John,
You won't find anybody more knowledgeable about the older gunsmiths. He has a lifetime of love and research into them. I am speaking of Michael Petrov. He has some nice books that he has published about the old masters.
Butch

Last edited:
Titherington

He was a gunsmith in Stockton CA. also made bbls. I've seen a couple of Ballards done by him. Jerry Willis

Titherington

John,

He was a custom gunsmith from Stockton, Ca. as already stated. Besides making his own barrels he was known to use original Win. 52-B bolts and make his own receivers or altered Win. receivers. I don't know if he did any wood but some of the stocks I've seen on his rifles were outstanding and some a little out.
On some of his bolt guns he did use Smith triggers but don't know if this was the norm.

Check your PM

bjm

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Win 52 last night.
Glad I found this thread about Titherington, because that's what it says on the barrel.

Attachments

• Win 52 1934 12-8-2015.jpg
    Win 52 1934 12-8-2015.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 292
  • Win 52 1934 12-9-2015.jpg
    Win 52 1934 12-9-2015.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 243
Back