Equipment Lists

linekin

It was told to me to check out the equipment list of some of the major matches. That is simple enough on the ARA site but I can't find anything on the recent national UL match. Is this info available & am I missing it? We all fill out the same forms correct?
I don't want to make more work for anyone but it would be nice to know.
Can anyone help with this?
Thanks
Keith

Be carefull, unfortunately IR 50 tends to have lots of rather dated and/or incorrect equipment listed.

Thanks Tim.
I scrolled down through & was surprised there seemed to be quite a few 40x's. Also surprised at the # of Benchmarks. I'm thinking you're right about a little outdated??
No.........no Coopers!;)

Thanks Tim.
I scrolled down through & was surprised there seemed to be quite a few 40x's. Also surprised at the # of Benchmarks. I'm thinking you're right about a little outdated??
No.........no Coopers!;)

Well given the recent banter over the Cooper/ Maine matches I will tell you that you're not likely going to see them at big matches. There's always the odd chance a local guy shows up at a big match because it's in his own backyard and has one but rarely if ever.
There are still 40x's and Annie's with great barrels on'em banging out great targets but again not a bunch.

Hey Tim,
Are you going to head East for some Maine shooting?

Ted

Hey Tim,
Are you going to head East for some Maine shooting?

Ted

I'd really like to but it's touch and go right now, I'm leaving for Montana on Sat for a fishing week, then I gotta take a couple days off the week I get back for the IBS NY pro am at Camillus. Well see how busy work is but I'd like to get there.

The issue is for guys that shoot registered matches the equipment they initially logged in under usually continues under their name at the home office and the equipment does not tend to get picked up with updates. It's more of a program glitch, and this is assuming guys always put accurate info down and nothing gets misidentified so you see where this can go off the rails.
If you're looking to identify, say, that killer barrel that won this or that match it might be a couple years old and unlikely to be replicated by the same shop today. To play the game today it's a rather good idea to have access to a fair network of folks with boots on the ground, so to speak........we're having fun now.

I think the info for the UL match is most likely correct. There were quite a few 40Xs on the line and Benchmark barrels are still being used and installed. The rifle they gave away had a Benchmark on it and I've tested several Benchmark 3 grooves on new builds this year. Some of the problems involved in equipment lists is that some new actions may not be on the program action list (my Stiller 2500X shows up as ~) and because shooters fill out the equipment info and the handwriting can be atrocious. Also, sometimes a shooter will bring several rifles and at registration think they are going to use one and later decide to switch rifles.

I think my UL-1 target win at meters (with the World Famous, The Un-Calfee smithed by Gordon Eck) at the recent IR 50/50 Unlimited Nationals may be the first win for the Stiller 2500X action at a big or national match.

Last edited:
Wrong! ...Fact Check

I think the info for the UL match is most likely correct.

I think my UL-1 target win at meters (with the World Famous, The Un-Calfee smithed by Gordon Eck) at the recent IR 50/50 Unlimited Nationals may be the first win for the Stiller 2500X action at a big or national match.

Jim Morehead was the first to win a Target @ 2013 ARA Nationals With a Gorham built 2500X about a month after they came out, 2450 and High Target of the 2013 ARA Nationals! Almost a year ago! At The Big Shoot Saturday this weekend ,Gorham shot a 2500X on Target #3 and won it with a 2350/19X with the same rifle that JIM shot the 2450 with ,no big deal!JTFM!

Last edited:

Jim Morehead was the first to win a Target @ 2013 ARA Nationals With a Gorham built 2500X about a month after they came out, 2450 and High Target of the 2013 ARA Nationals! Almost a year ago! At The Big Shoot Saturday this weekend ,Gorham shot a 2500X on Target #3 and won it with a 2350/19X with the same rifle that JIM shot the 2450 with ,no big deal!JTFM!

1st. IR50/50 Big card. no big deal, but, Big differance.

Happy to have the record set straight. Great to hear that the 2500X has had several big target wins. I guess it wasn't publicized much. I know the Water Boy has been wondering where the successful 2500X rifles have been in big matches. Now we have two 2500X rifles that have won a target at a Nationals (mine tied for the high meters target) event. All I need to do is figure out the condition at Fairchance that gives the vertical that I and others were struggling with. I know it's not in the rifle, as I came back to Gordon's range on Monday and shot a 250-20X in more windy and switchy conditions.

No interest in a PAS conversion here. You just don't fix what ain't broken.

Last edited:
Don't want to get into a "pee pee" match about it, but meters is different too. On Sat. there were 20, 250s. On Sun. there were 11. Fewer Xs too.

Equipment!

The Equipment is what the Match Director puts in their Scoring Program in the LkUp Table!
Lets say the last time it was updated was a year ago & not updated for the current match?
When he sends in the Match Results it will have the Equipment from a year ago!
The Website Results only show what was sent in! Make Sense?
(Very Few Match Directors ever update the Equipment List for their current match!) :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The Equipment is what the Match Director puts in their Scoring Program in the LkUp Table!
Lets say the last time it was updated was a year ago & not updated for the current match?
When he sends in the Match Results it will have the Equipment from a year ago!
The Website Results only show what was sent in! Make Sense?
(Very Few Match Directors ever update the Equipment List for their current match!) :(

Ever sense the directors got high tech there was no need to fill out equipment and register every match once you were in the system, even carried over into a new year. It makes everything easier for everyone, however, the equipment data tends to get dated any few if any want to fill out paperwork for an update. I guess it becomes the lesser of two evils, just don't assume too much from listed equipment.

I think the info for the UL match is most likely correct. There were quite a few 40Xs on the line and Benchmark barrels are still being used and installed. The rifle they gave away had a Benchmark on it and I've tested several Benchmark 3 grooves on new builds this year. Some of the problems involved in equipment lists is that some new actions may not be on the program action list (my Stiller 2500X shows up as ~) and because shooters fill out the equipment info and the handwriting can be atrocious. Also, sometimes a shooter will bring several rifles and at registration think they are going to use one and later decide to switch rifles.

Thanks Bill. Its nice to know there was a few 40x's on the line I figured most would be using Turbo's. If the info is correct the 40x's did really well.
Hopefully the match director at the UL Nationals will chime in & let us know if that info is correct. Just curious is all.
Congrats on the card win on Sunday.....but bring whatever you were using on Sat up to ME.
Keith

Back