Emery Smith - Georgia Shaker (Calfee Spec 9)

tonykharper

Here are some post from days gone by: actually 2009.

For those that don't know: Kathy is Bill Calfee.

today Emery Smith shot back to back 250s, one of which had 22x. he won 4 of the 5 combo cards with SPEC9 and Eley red box. This took place at the Manatee Florida range in 70 degree weather. awsom shooting!!! NEIL
Kathy

Friend Neil:

I just heard the news.......the 250x22X may be a new Florida record..

My friend Emery Smith has not owned the "Georgia Shaker" long enough to have my chamber seasoned yet......even the way I finish my chambers, they look like a mirror, I tell all my customers it takes 2,000 to 4,000 rounds for the chamber to be properly seasoned......

If the "Shaker" is already setting records, man, when that little chamber is fully seasoned, MAN!

Congratulations friend Emery.

Your friend, Bill Calfee
Dave S
Neil:

Do you have Emery's Phone number..???

Kathy:

That "Georgia Shaker" was really shaking today. That was awesome..

Dave
Bruce Doster

Glad to hear about your awesome shooting this weekend in Florida. Your friends, Bruce and Noah

great shooting emery, my only change to catch you was in sporter, tom p.
mike worthington

Great shooting Emory! I heard that old orange Martini shot pretty good too. I'm tellen you that thing is UGLY but it sure does shoot . Ole Tim The apple farmer don't shoot too bad either!!! I don't think he wants to get back to Michigan to quick it is -15 this morning!! You and Tammy better stay another week or two.

MW:D
Donna Brown

Awwesome shooting, Emery! I saw the pics of "The Georgia Shaker" . Looks like it shoots as good as it looks! I also like the catchy name!:)

Donna
DJB in Wi

Good shooting Emery... I was impressed with the way you shot. I had to take a back seat to you and the Georgia Shaker. You did well my friend. I hope the next time we meet, we have those infamus Manatee winds. That may even things out a bit:D Doug END

I put this up now because I just learned the Georgia Shaker has been put back into shooting order and has a new owner.

Many may remember that Emery set the world on fire with the Georgia Shaker right out of the gate, then later took a nose dive. He became disenchanted with the Shaker. Then the Shaker disappeared for a long time.

But it is back now. Will it follow in Black Death's foot steps and set new records???

William Casey (Slick Willy) now owns the Georgia Shaker. The Shakers original barrel has been replaced with another Calfee barrel but other than that it is the old Georgia Shaker (Spec 9).

I don't know if Slick plans to compete with this rifle or leave it in retirement.

One thing for sure The Georgia Shaker (Spec 9) is an important part of RFBR history.

TKH

Last edited:
Back