Eley Sluggers, Calfee

K

Kathy

My friends:

I wrote in the December issue of Precision Shooting about the new Eley Sluggers........

The December issue has made its cycle now so I want to show you folks, that don't take PS, what Eley has done.

I have written much about slugging.....but I have always advised against folks pulling bullets from live ammo....several years ago I had one go off in my hand while I was pulling the bullet.....I used to do 50 at a time and got in a hurry and was pinching the cases too hard.....I was lucky, it only burnt my thumb, but it scared me to death....never have found the bullet or case..

ELEY SLUGGERS

Folks, friends Donna Brown and Brad541 are going to post a picture shortly of the new Sluggers. Thanks to both of you.

What Eley did was to remove the crimp groove, moved the concave base forward, kept the driving band the exact same length and diameter as the current Eley EPS and put a round nose on them....this saves weight....there are no wax grooves, just a nice big area to put a micrometer on....

Bob Collins will be handling them......I do not know in what quanity or what price they will be......I'm sure Bob will put something in the advertizing section of the forum.....

This is great news for me personally as I will use up to 50 slugs per barrel when I do an initial evaluation to determine where to chamber and place the crown......and those pulled slugs are expensive, and dangerous to pull!!!!!!

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Last Notice

When I requested some from my Dealer, a couple of weeks ago, he was advised by Zanders, that they weren't availbale at this time. He said he would let me know when they were.

New_Eley_Sluggers.jpg

Give this link a try. They are available as bullets for airguns too. Scroll down the left column and click on Eley under the Pellet heading.
Eley Bullets

I

Have a tin of them. They are well made and look to be idea for slugging.

s.

I didn't

Was sent some to evaluate for the magazine I write for. I plan to do a piece about them in the magazine, and was told that by the time it prints (summer), they will be ready for purchase. I also want to make sure Bob has all his ducks in a row and is ready to sell them, if he is to be the only point of purchase. But, I bet they can be had from a number of places after some time.

I'm not sure the actual time frame for their release to the public.

For some reason I expected them to have a wax coating, but they don't. Also, my tin does not look like the one in the posted picture. It has a different lable.

I plan on discussing this more with Eley at the Shot Show next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Work Okay

As for using them to slug a barrel, they could be a bit longer. Also I feel they should be a little softer as inorder to get past the leade, they require a little extra force, and then you get a large jump into the bore. I'd like to see them as long as a 60 grain slug. Danny Killough said he will be handling them as well as the other Eley. Check out our web site for a link to Killough.

Back