Elastic weights to slip on buttstock

jofrrangex614.jpg

Ask Joe Friedrich where he got this one since it is on his rifle.

That's exactly what I am looking for.
I have tried sporting goods stores and all I find is velcro wrist weights.

I knew it was that's why I posted it. Here's what I would do.

Email Joe Friedrich or send him a pm. He will be glad to help you I'm sure.

I have spoke with Joe on the phone. Super nice guy.

Brad

Academy

I got mine at Academy. They are green in color and they weigh one pound each. I'll try and find the box they came in.

I got mine at Academy as well. They are ankle weights, not wrist weights.

I think most people cut the buckles off and sew the weight up so it will fit the gun. I have a couple of them but can't really see the benefit.

A couple of the guys I shoot with have evolved this idea into lead butt plates for their rifles and that works very well. It can easily add 1 1/4 pounds.

Walmart

Check in Sporting Goods at Walmart as well. They might not have the same variety as Academy , but they may have what will work for you.

Jim, The one that i bought and use are the Mcnett ankle weights, Brad's reply #8 put a link to a site that sells them. The other Gentlemen also offer you great suggestions at a cheaper price. I do cut off the attachments, and use a Zip Tie to keep it together. There is a draw back depending on your stock length and rest system you use, ( not having enough room for the weight attachment). If you decide to give it a try, buy the regular one the large will be to big, and they do stretch.

Jim, it was a quick fix to help balance out the rifle. I still use it on my rifle, but will be re-placing it with a weighted butt plate in Brass.

I hope this helps and Thank You Gentlemen.

Take Care.....Joe

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think a lot of Joe's rationale in using the ankle weights was in helping to reduce vibration and to a lesser extent in adding more weight rearward.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think a lot of Joe's rationale in using the ankle weights was in helping to reduce vibration and to a lesser extent in adding more weight rearward.

Ken,

Due to the weight of the tuner on the end of the barrel adding weight to the butt helps with balance and slows the recoil. The rifle just feels better to me when I shoot. In unlimited I don't know if you can put too much weight there.

Why Not

Just take the butt plate off and add weight to the rear of the stock???? You want to balance the gun and cut vibrations, true??

Last edited:
Back