Ejector plunger on Stolle Grizzley

TomD

e publius unum
I've had the plunger on my RBLP SS Grizzley out twice now, cleaned everything out and put it back in but the plunger immediately jams again. A friend with the identical action has taken his apart so many times that he gave up on it and now just pushes the fired case out with his finger.

Anyone found a solution to this? I've looked at the new versions of the bolt that eliminates the spring and uses the power of pulling the bolt back to a fixed ejector and that seems to solve the problem but I'd prefer that my rig work as provided.

Tom,

I do NOT have a solution. But I would check the OD of the plunger, bet it has some high spots. That would cause the jamming in a heartbeat. Another thing to look at would be too strong a spring, tipping the plunger sideways in the hole, again jamming.

Have you lubed the plunger after you disassembled and re- assembled it?

I bet you have a very small brass shaving in the hole smashed against the side. Or at least something. I'd polish the ejector and find something to clean the hole out well. I had some pipe cleaners that I would put a little JB on, fold in half then chuck in the drill and polish the hole. Lighter fluid and dry pipe cleaner to clean the hole of JB.

Hovis

Take the plunger out and turn it upside down holding it by the smaller section and see if it will go in and out freely. You can take a #28 drill bit and run it into the hole by hand and clean out any gunk built up in the hole. You don't have to turn the drill bit, just run it in and out around the hole holding it in in your fingertips.

Thanks!.............................

Found a #28 bit and there was something in there. Never really saw it but a minute or three or fiddling with the bit and it freed up. Truth is that I don't remember the plunger ever operating this smoothly.

Last edited:
Back