Edgewood mini gator rear bag

btc624

Im shooting a scoville stock and want to get a mini gator rear bag. Im shooting free recoil and im pretty sure others shooting scovilles or leonard stocks prefer the 3/8" spacing but what about the heigth of the ears and the bag itself?

I've got a high mini-gator with low ears and a low mini-gator with tall ears. I'd bet if you called Jack Snyder he'd make a bag with whatever permutation you wanted. But I guess your main question is what applies to that particular stock. Maybe Jack knows.

Last edited:
You'll want a tall bag and maybe a spacer to go under it. Ear height is personal preference. Not sure what the Edgewood bag is that I'm using with my Scoville stocks, but it's a tall bag, short ears and I use the leather spacer under it. Farley fronnt rest with a Edgewood front bag.

Im shooting a scoville stock and want to get a mini gator rear bag. Im shooting free recoil and im pretty sure others shooting scovilles or leonard stocks prefer the 3/8" spacing but what about the heigth of the ears and the bag itself?

I have both a Edgewood Mini Gator and a Protektor DR rear bag. My Edgewood has 3/8 spacing and a 2&3/4" ears with super slick material. My DR bag has 1/2" spacing and the ears are 2" and has the super slick material. I also shoot free recoil and I own 1 Scoville stock and 5 Terry Leonard short range stocks. To be honest with you ever since I switched over to the DR bag, I have done so much better than with the other bag. With the Edgewood, my stock rides on the ears. There is about a 1/4" of spacing under the stock. I heard one of the best SR group shooters tell one of the best score shooters at the 2013 score nationals that you shouldn't have the bottom of the stock touching the stitching because that will cause thrown shots. Then again a friend of mine who is without a doubt the best IBS SR score shooter has his stocks riding on the stitching. Go figure. Like I said, I've done so much better with the wider spacing DR bag which all of my stocks are riding on the stitching.

Last edited:
Back