Edge Stocks

chaymbrd

I am concidering a new LV rifle. How many people use Edge stocks? What do you think of them as compared to ohter stocks you
have used? Price is a consideration. I read an article about the Edge and it was favorable. Please give me some feedback.
Michael

Just my own observation's, when they first came out quite a few shooters switched to them. don't see many use them or sell them anymore except Lester Bruno (same city and all). might want to call Bruno Shooters Supply and talk to Lester for better info.

Id go with a kelbly if price is of concern. The klp is similar to the modern designs and is a fine stock. The klub is a very nice design and the regular br is always a good choice. I happen to have all 3 in various stages of completion right now on my bench. If i wasnt hooked on the klp type stock id be using a klub

Just for your info, Kelbly's now due to our backlog will only make stocks for Kelbly actions. So if you want a Kelbly stock it must be for a Kelbly action. This last year has been a few changes for Kelbly's in that we have closed our store down, quit sell other peoples products and we now are just a manufacture of rifles, actions, scope rings, and triggers. With deliveries getting so long we are just concentrating on manufacturing only. We also have quit making some of the smaller items like action wrenches and barrel vises as well.

Jim

I was talking with Kelly Mcmillan at the Cactus and he said they are going to make a new model with a few upgrades to the EDGE in mid summer. It will be interesting to see how the present design can be improved.
I tested one of the originals for them and presently have one on my LV gun and another Straightline EDGE on my Rimfire BR gun and love both.
Gene

Last edited:
You have to realize that benchrest is a pretty faddy sport. In that if so and so wins with such and such equipment, pretty soon you'll see a majority of people shooting the same thing. I've shot most all of the stocks from the original McMillan LV and HV stocks to the carbon fiber balsa laminated Scoville stocks. Lee Six SPG, Kelbly Klub and BR models. About all that I've seen from the higher profile stocks to the lower profile stocks is that the low profile stocks take a different front rest rear sandbag combination. The low profile stocks have to have a rest that will get lower on the front rest combined with a higher rear bag. For instance, when using a Scoville stock, I could no longer use the Gary Hayes front tripod rest that I had used formerly. It just wouldn't get low enough. The low profile stocks seem to work best with joystick front rests. I have a rifle that my son shot for many years built on a Edge stock. He placed pretty high with it at whatever nationals he last shot it. It's always been a good shooter. John Horn is still shooting a McMillan Edge stock and has won national yardages shooting it. He has one of the low profile balsa carbon fiber stocks, but seems that he tends to go back to the Edge. The Edge stocks work very well. If you go that route I don't think you'll be dissatisfied with it. While the Edge stock isn't as low profile as some of the later stocks, they will work with just about any front rest or rear sandbag setup that you want to use.

Have a switch gun

Have two rifles in Edge Stocks, Use them, love them and recommend them.

My latest switch gun uses an Edge LV stock. Tracks really well. I just switch barrels and add stock weight to go up to HV. Only one thing to consider. It's a heavier stock than some. Coupled with a March 36x-55x EP zoom which isn't the lightest scope and you don't get a lot of barrel in LV. Not compared to some rigs I see with barrels heavier than mine that are still able to make LV weight.
Andy.

Back