East-West Show-Me Shootout Match

Ron Hoehn

The "East-West" match is this weekend, 6-27/28-09. It's not too late to make plans to come. Call me at 636-745-8144 and let me know you will be here, pay me and register when you get here.
Ron Hoehn

Ron,
I'm planning to come. Just left you a voicemail.

I'm leaving Birmingham around noon on Thursday and hope to drive straight through. I'm planning to camp...should I be worried about having an available campsite?

I've never shot St. Louis and have a few questions.

Do you have full bench rotation?
Do you have bench/flag sharing?
I see lots of references to this being a money shoot, so how does the cash option work?

Thanks.
Steve

Steve,

Bench rotation after yardage change for sunday morning. So you will shoot the same bench all day Saturday and then a different bench all day sunday. this is a money shoot but can't remember off hand about the payout. There is bench and flag sharing but you have to let him know. My wife and I are going to be shooting on the same bench and we have smiley flags, If you want, just let Ron know that you want on our bench. If you still have that Panda, you had better bring it, I seriously doubt you'll go home with it. I've told a lot of people about it up here and my wife still has it floating in her head.

Kevin Hovis

Thanks Kevin. I would like to share flags with you. I'll call Ron (already tried and got his answering machine) and let him know.

I was going to try sharing with David Reynolds and Jeff Graves, but David is bringing Sidney, so if there are only three relays that would leave me odd man out.

The Purple Panda will be with me, just in case your wife (or anyone else) decides she wants a "real purty gun".

OK steve. I left a message with Ron also. He's been at the range all day. When I talk to him next, I'll let him know about the flags. Do you prefer six or eight out to 200? I usually use six but the last time I shot at St. Louis, I had a hard time reading 200yd winds but that has been a problem all this year for me.

Hovis

Either six or eight is fine with me. I usually use six but sometimes put out seven. I'll get with you when it's time to put them out...I'll be glad to handle the flag setting if you want to spot, or vice versa. I'll have my flags as well (also Smileys) if you don't want to drag yours out of storage...your call.

Again, thanks for the offer. See you there.

Kevin...forgot to ask. Do you have radios? I have a set that will work, but they seem to have problems beyond 150 yards.

I have radios if I can remember to pack them and batteries. Which in technical terms....means you should bring yours....Ron probably has a couple of tin cans and some string.

Hovis

Time

what kind of time are we going to have tommorrow to tune our guns..
I guess what im asking is what time will they be shutting down for set up..

Jim

Ron told me 4PM shooting will stop to set up and probably by the time everyone gets their flags out there will not be any time to shoot after that. You don't need no steeking practice.

Dave

practice

LOL,, ya right !!! I'll have another ST.Louis melt down Im sure if i dont get a little bit of practice in..The weather man said light winds 5 to 8 mph ha ha ha we'll see....

Shut down...

We may push the shut down time back to 5:00 PM or so, but I don't think you can plan on any shooting time after we shut down to set the range up.
Ron

Back