East Texas Championship update

mike cockcroft

2014 East Texas Championship match scheduled for May 17 has sold out with 76 paid entries. I have three on the waiting list and will take anyone else who wants to be added to the waiting list. Usually several shooters will have to drop out before the match and I will fill those spots from the waiting list.
If you mailed your entry before Feb. 1st. you should be entered. Email me to make sure of your status.

I am working on sponsors/donors for the match. The list below shows those that have responded so far with prizes to be given away by drawing at the match.

Fast Back Trucking LLC and S&S Precision, Stick Starks- Nightforce 12x42 BR scope to match winner.
Custom Manufacturing Company, Travis Frazer- Target stand with three steel plates.
K&M Precision Shooting Products- $50.00 certificate.
Redding Reloading Equipment- Two 50% off certificates.
L.E. Wilson Inc. - Stainless steel die set of your choice, shirts, cap.
Shilen Rifles Inc.- 50% off barrel certificate.
Midway USA- $25.00 gift certificate.
David Tubb, Superior Shooting Systems, Inc.- Final Finish bore polishing system and Rem. 700 firing pin springs.
Bryan Litz- 2 copies of his book Applied Ballistics, 1 copy of Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting, 1 DVD "Putting Rounds on Target.
D&B Supply, Bill and Diane Shehane- 50% off rifle stock.
Varmint Hunters Association- Write On Targets and two travel mugs.
Sinclair International- $50.00 and $25.00 gift cards.
Brownells- Nine $10.00 gift cards ($90.00).
Hornady- 2 range bags, 2 soft rifle cases, 2 soft pistol cases, 2 vintage signs, 2 bino harnesses, 20 caps.
Holland's Shooters Supply- 4 DVD's Ultimate Data Card Maker, 2 VM Ultra Muzzle Brakes, 4 bottles Witches Brew copper remover, 1 Fiery Red Lightning Strike fire starter, 2 twelve packs of 6mm cleaning brushes.
Pacific Tool and Gauge, Dave Kiff- Certificate for free chamber reamer.
J. Dewey- cleaning rod.
Whidden Gunworks- FL Sizer/Micrometer Seater die set.
Jewell Triggers, Arnold Jewell- Two certificates for $75.00 off a Jewell Trigger.
Berger Bullets, Walt Berger- Two certificates for 300 bullets each, one certificate for a Berger Reloading Manual.
Graf and Sons- BSA 8x32 Tactical rifle scope.
21st. Century Shooting Inc.- Stainless Steel Priming Tool w/ shell holder, 3 Scope Levels, Thirty 10% off certificates.
Powder Valley- Four hats and two T-shirts
Bell and Carlson- One EZ-Roost clay target holder system and one set of Shoot'n Aces target cards.

I will update this list as the donations arrive at my office. I have began work on the three additional benches at the range. They will be ready for the May match but unsure if I will have them ready for the March 22, 250 yd match.

Mike Cockcroft
936-661-1636

Last edited:
Mike, congratulations on building the East Texas Championship into a very popular and successful match. At 76 entries, you are the largest of our circuit of matches and probably one of the largest in Texas. It takes hard work and a well run match to achieve this. I am looking forward to shooting there again this year.

Joe

Poured benches 16-18 today thanks to Darrel Martin and Tommy Middleton coming to help again. Should have roof extension finished by next weekend and be able to use these benches starting with the March 250 yd match.

Attachments

• benches poured.JPG
    benches poured.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 361
Latest donors.
Arnold Jewell-Jewell Triggers
Walt Berger- Berger Bullets
Graf and Sons

Support for this match from vendors has been exceptional and very much appreciated!!!!
Mike Cockcroft
Pine Valley Benchrest

Joe,
I will get started this week working at the range. Have to build all new target frames and backers. The 2x4 sides are shot to pieces.
Thanks for the offer to come help set up. You can come any day you want, spare room is ready for you.
I will need you and Tad and Debi Pohl to help Tymn with the final scoring before we announce winners. I have been known to make a few mistakes in the past and don't need to do it again.
Added a few more donors to list.
Mike

Mike & Joe -

Wouldn't posting these match details be better served in the "Match Information and Results" forum.
I've always wondered why you guys repeatedly post them here in the "600/1000 Benchrest " forum., which they are not.
Personally I don't read or expect to see Long Range related topics in the other forums, nor do I read or see Short Range related topics here, except for your guy's.

It don't matter to me, keep doing it how ever you like, but just think you would be better served and recognized with more to be gained by posting them in the more appropriate forums.
Donovan

Donovan, thanks for your input. We are aware of what you mention. The intention is to get some good publicity for the vendors who have made contributions to the match. There are a lot of them and they have made some significant contributions that should be recognized and brought to the attention of shooters. When you go to buy something, it never hurts to support those who give back to the sport. You might note the number of views for this string and compare that to counts where you suggested we post. Publicity for the match is less important as it was booked up for the last three months.
I realize it is not 600 or 1,000 and it is not registered but it does draw very well.
Come shoot with us some day.

joe

All information on matches held at Pine Valley Benchrest Range in Huntsville, Tx will be posted on www.texasbenchrest.com and 6br.com in their competition forum. We will continue with our 250,400, and 600 yd. matches. Those interested in match/range information please check our posts at 6br.com
Mike Cockcroft

Back