Early 52 Winchester trigger.?

E

elmer1007

Does anyone have a diagram of the an early 52 Winchester trigger. Need to be able to tell if any alterations have been made as the striker will fall when the safety is moved. Elmer.

I recently picked up a 52 win I can take some pics of my trigger assemble and some measurements and send it to you via PM

52 Trigger

Elmer,

It would be of help to know which "early" model you have. They made four basic styles of triggers over the years.
As for diagrams the Dec 1982 AR had an article, "Legendary Winchester 52" that shows cross section diagrams of all four styles of actions with triggers.

Have you tried removing the barrelled action from the stock and working it while you watch to see why this is happening? It may give you the answer.

bjm

My problem is that i

it appears that adjustment screws were added to the a basic trigger set up.
and I cannot tell if the trigger had these screws to start with.

52 triggers...

I think you will find illustrations of all the different model's triggers in "The Winchester Model 52" by Houze. The number of adjusting screws varied from none to three as you go through the different models. The sear will release when the safety is pushed forward if the spring against the trigger does not exert enough force to keep the trigger engaged.

Back