Dumb question about Remington 700 SPS

S

Sirloadsalot

I was given a New Remington 70 SPS Varmint in 243 for Fathers Day. It has a floor plate that opens up to drop ammo when done shooting. I HATE:mad: the cheap stock and want to purchase a new one from H-S Precision but what do I get?? Its a short action I know, But is it an BDL or ADL? and what are the differences?

BDL stocks work for rifles with a floor plate. ADL stocks work for rifles with no floor plate. You'll need a short action BLD Varmint for your SPS Varmint in .243.

Thanks for the FAST reply! I have ordered it. I have also ordered a Timmney tigger and weaver one piece base with Burris signature rings. Un sure of what scope I may get. Leaning towards a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14X40. Its about all I can afford right now.:eek:

Drop the one piece base and get a two piece, also look at the bushnell Elite's, you won't regret it. Good Luck

Hovis

Whats wrong with the one piece base? I figured it was stronger than a 2 piece.

The widdle eensy tinesy screws it is attached with aren't going to do much, strength-wise. I like two-piece bases, because you're gonna lap those rings anyway, right?

Right?

Only reason I'd get a one piece would be for an angled one.

stock

i like h-s but have u looked at the mcmillians stocks?? They are fully adjustable and if you are looking for a camo type stock for hunting they make those to.

Lapping Burris Signature rings would do no good. They come with the poly sleeves.
1000yrd ringer, Does McMillan have a web site?

The Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 is one of the best scopes in the price range! I highly recommend it for the money (about $250 if you shop around).

1 piece or 2 piece, a 6-48 screw is still a 6-48 screw:rolleyes:. I am saving for the Nikon but for know i have mounted an old Simmons White Tail Classic 6.5-20X50mm. Its worked well in the past. It should do fine for now as well.:D

Don't overlook Weaver 2 piece bases. I used to buy all the fancy stuff and found out simple is best.

Good luck with your new .243. A great round. With 55 grain bullets it will shoot faster and flatter than my .220 Swift. Don't over look a Mil-Dot reticule when looking for a scope. :):)

"Aim small miss small", :D

gt40

Back