Dove tail size on Anschutz Model 54 target

rooshooter

My Anschutz model 54 target action is at the gunsmith getting rebarreled. I,m just checking for sure what size dovetails are on the older Model 54 target actions before I get bases for it. Can anyone confirm what it is?

Thanks for this Brad. I will be putting an order in for either the 4" 6 screw mounts or for one of the weaver adapters. It answers my question 11mm or 3/8"

A lot will depend on if you have the dual dovetail or the single dovetail model in determining what BKL set you choose. Some of the early model 54's had I believe a single rear dovetail only and no front dovetail.

I have the BKL #257 rings on my Suhl. They work great.

On my Marlin 17HMR's I have the model #261. I like them, too.

Brad

Brad451, from what you said, it might be a good idea if I try to get hold of my gunsmith to see what dovetails mine has, single or double

;)

I would guess you have a double dovetail chances are. But better safe than sorry.

Like I said some of the very early model 54's had the rear single dovetail only. The same can be said for the single extractors on the earlier Anschutz model 54's. Anschutz later switched to dual extractor bolts I have been told around 1965. That's what Mac Tilton told me. That guy is a Anschutz gun nut. LOL!

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an example of an earlier model Anschutz 54 just to illustrate the rear dovetail only on the actual receiver. The barrel on this particular model has a dovetail toward the rear.

pix1726466890.jpg

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=88952219

Last edited by a moderator:
Back