Different Perspective....

UncleB

I just went through my first year of Benchrest........WOW !!!!!!

It is very different from other competitive sports, My son and I raced motocross for many years and had friend's that beat us and we beat them on a weekly basis.....the outsiders we hated (until we got to know them and vise-versa). it was a big family that liked and helped everybody when they could.......

Big difference is we were all one..... we have the Supercross in the winter and outdoor motocross in the summer and fall and the big sponsor and sanctioning body is the A.M.A.

In benchrest there is the I.B.S. and the N.B.R.S.A. do they work together or oppose eachother ???????

SUPERSHOOT is it's own deal

In my opinion this sport is WAY too small to be devided.........

What do you think about making benchrest a sport under one sanctioning body so it can grow instead of being stagnant under 2 ??????

Hope you enjoyed your first year of Benchrest and hope there are many more to come.

While this has been discussed here before you most likely weren't around for the discussions.........but rest assured from what I can gather IBS and NBRSA becoming one aint going to happen.

But I have to agree with you that this sport is way too small for multiple governing bodies, but would one governing body be able to grow the sport easier than two?? The reason I ask that is at present a lot of shooters are members of both the NBRSA and IBS so technically speaking both organisations would have similar funds (maybe) available to fund growning the sport...............Ian

Two?

After taking a peek at the history of benchrest, read yet a little more.

For centerfire point-blank score, there is at least one more serious sanctioning body, UBR. For long-range, one more (Pennsylvania -- which is larger than NBRSA, by the way). Still in 1,000 yards, at least two more no longer affiliated ranges with national aspirations. Moreover, some of the newer IBS clubs don't like the way IBS does things, so more fracturing is possible.

For rimfire..., what is it, more than three anyway.- Rimfire doesn't even share equipment rules. Most CF does -- or at least close enough so you can compete in more than one sanctioning organization fairly easily.

This is not a good topic. We're trying to keep quite about just how contentious all these armed folk are. If you look, the contention is usually framed in the form of "unfair" or "cheating," that is, volatile emotional issues.

Back