Cowan Rest

E

ehkempf

Could someone post a picture of what a Cowan Rest looks like, and describe what sets them apart from a rest from say Hart or Sinclair with a windage top.

Thanks,

Ed

Last year notice was made that the legs would no longer be brass, and would be blued steel. (I do not know if this has happened)

The Cowen rest's windage moves the top side-side in a straight line. I was told that some of the other makes have a pivot point in the front, and the side-side swings an arc from the pivot. The arc is the opposite of the guns arc from the rear rest. (I have no first hand knowledge though)

I went with a Cowan for the above reason, and it cost less, and money goes to a good cause!

Jim

Last year notice was made that the legs would no longer be brass, and would be blued steel. (I do not know if this has happened)

The Cowen rest's windage moves the top side-side in a straight line. I was told that some of the other makes have a pivot point in the front, and the side-side swings an arc from the pivot. The arc is the opposite of the guns arc from the rear rest. (I have no first hand knowledge though)

I went with a Cowan for the above reason, and it cost less, and money goes to a good cause!

Jim

I got one of the spring 2009 production, and the legs are brass.

Stryker60

I have shot over a Cowan rest for the past 1 1/2 years. Before I got it I used Caldwell, Bald Eagle and SEB rests. The Cowan is easily as good as the Bald Eagle and much better (read:easier to use) than the other two. It has lots of windage and elevation, adjusts easily and operates very smoothly. I wouldn't hesitate to order from Joe Cowan. He stands by his fine product. It's one of the few bargains in BR shooting.

I own 2. The difference with mine was the speed screw. It was extra and is of a different design from what you see in the photo's.

It is a piece of quality equipment.

You cannot beat the price.

Back