cooper lvt 22lr or remington 40x?

N

njslrea

any thoughts as to which would make a better benchrest base? thanks

thanks,

I have the cooper now and am debating selling it for a 40x or a used suhl

any thoughts as to which would make a better benchrest base? thanks

I love Coopers and own quite a few, plus my 7.5lb sporter is an LVT base in Stith Stock. I would not recommend them to build from unless you have extras just laying around. The 40X platform has many things going for it at about half the price. you can save you some money by going the 40X route.

Now if you have a nice LVT laying around and are looking for a benchrest gun I might be interested in the LVT.

Wes

LVT Question

Wes, how did you manage to get an LVT to meet the 7.5 lb. limit. I weighed the action of mine and it was 5.75 lbs with the stock removed. Add 1 lb. for a Weaver T-36 and that only leaves 1.25 lbs. for the stock. If the Don Stith stock will meet that limit, I need one. I have been considering a McMillan Edge graphite which is supposed to weigh only 24 oz. (1.5 lbs) to use mine for ARG matches but I sure don't know where I'd get the other .25 lbs from. I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks,

Rick

Wes, how did you manage to get an LVT to meet the 7.5 lb. limit. I weighed the action of mine and it was 5.75 lbs with the stock removed. Add 1 lb. for a Weaver T-36 and that only leaves 1.25 lbs. for the stock. If the Don Stith stock will meet that limit, I need one. I have been considering a McMillan Edge graphite which is supposed to weigh only 24 oz. (1.5 lbs) to use mine for ARG matches but I sure don't know where I'd get the other .25 lbs from. I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks,

Rick

I can't take the credit for this little gem. A friend of mine and past BR shooter built this gun. The barrel has been shortened recowned and trigger re-done with springs changed so I have a nice 2-4 oz trigger (I shoot it free recoil). None of the work was done by Cooper but it has shot several 250's in RBA and IR 50/50.

I have used a Leupold 4.5-14 VXIII with a custom dot and the new 6X Competition Hunter with small custom dot. With the latter I leave the scope caps off as it is right at 7.5 Lbs. Send me your email and I will get you some pics before you start cutting up an LVT.

Wes

Rick

I can't take the credit for this little gem. A friend of mine and past BR shooter built this gun. The barrel has been shortened recowned and trigger re-done with springs changed so I have a nice 2-4 oz trigger (I shoot it free recoil). None of the work was done by Cooper but it has shot several 250's in RBA and IR 50/50.

I have used a Leupold 4.5-14 VXIII with a custom dot and the new 6X Competition Hunter with small custom dot. With the latter I leave the scope caps off as it is right at 7.5 Lbs. Send me your email and I will get you some pics before you start cutting up an LVT.

Wes

Back