Congratulations to Dan Killough..Great weekend

D

daletheman_3

Congratulations to Dan Killough on both his tournament wins this weekend. Saturday he won the Horton Ks. club tourn with an agg of 2308.33! Then backed it up on Sunday at Lincoln Ne. at the state tourn with an agg just under 2200. Great shooting Dan, hope it made the drive home a little shorter for you...

Here he is "driving" that 40X

IMG_0362.jpg

More pics from Nebraska...

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

Which way is the wind blowing???????

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

Good shooting Dan...Obviusly you got it goin on.

I know its not over till it over but I'd say unless something drastic happens you have the A-Line wrapped up too.

Charlie

Dan

Congratulations Dan, are you still using a Calfee Rifle? I might be wrong about that.

No, it was not a Calfee gun. I have not had the pleasure of shooting a Calfee gun, but Bill Myers has built me a great Turbo and Suhl and Richard Gorham built the great "Oklahoma" 40X that I was shooting this weekend.

Thank you guys for the congratulations. It was just one of those weekends when things went right. The wind on Sunday was really challenging, but I had alot of fun. Mike, Robert, and all of the crew put on great matches at both places.

Rifle

Dan
It looks like as good and and I see from your scores it shoots as good as the turbo you had at Texarkana earlier this year.

Ok, I just got the results from Nebraska..

1. Dan Killough 2195.8333
2. Brian Brandt 2151.6667
3. Roger Brock 2145.8333
4. Robert Grandfield 2129.1667
5. Marion Collier 2125.0000

High Junior. Chris Wells 2045.8333

High Targets
1. Brian Brandt 2350
2. Joe Besche 2350
3. Dan Killough 2250
4. Travis Caldwell 2275
5. Merlin Hubbard 2250
6. Marion Collier 2300

There were 28 shooters overall.

From Horton.....

1. Dan Killough 2308.33
2. Roger Brock 2291.67
3. Darrel Barnes 2279.17
4. Brian Brandt 2260.00
5. Marion Collier 2230.83

High Junior. Nicholas Moore 2104.17

High Targets
1. Marion Collier 2450
2. Brian Brandt 2350
3. Charles Scott 2400
4. Dan Killough 2400
5. Dennis Sallen 2350
6. Darrel Barnes 2325

There were 20 shooters overall

Dale

the Man..........
Thanks for the pictures and results! Congrats to Dan also the great Missouri smith was right up there both days too!
Colt.45

Congratulations Dan...

On a great week-end of shooting. Hope to shoot with you again soon! Sincerely, Doug Brown

One Piece Rests

Great photos, I have a question though. I note everyone has a one piece rest rather than front rest & rear bag. I have not seen these in Australia, are they better for accuracy & are they legal with all other associations rules :confused:

Bill

You will see them mainly in ARA. They are allowed in IR 50/50 and RBA Unlimited class only. As far as accuracy is concerned, many prefer them over a two piece set up and swear by them. They track smoothly and don't bind up the gun going from bull to bull. Using a two piece setup you have to work your gun more to keep it from binding up in the rear bag going from bull to bull. Hope this helps!

DJ proved that a two piece setup can compete with a one piece rest. The learning curve is faster with a one piece because there are fewer mistakes the shooter can make. The newer two piece setups are so good that the rules against one piece in IR and RBA are just for tradition.

Congrat's Dan

Ole 40X Oklahoma looks to have you on a big time roll. Big thumbs up to all the shooters for those were some nice scores. See you in Waco.

Les

Congrats-Dan

Just got back on my computer and I see what a great win you earned this week end. Way to go Dan. I need to talk to you about setting up a Sule. garrisone.

Back