compact O-frame press?

The only benchrest "O" press I've seen is the one by Bob Dodd, RFD, which I think Bruno's is a copy. If you've gotta have one, good luck. There are several "C" presses that are good and strong or the Harrell's or Hood's "flat O" style.

Attachments

• rfdpress.pdf
    524 KB · Views: 468
Does anybody make one other than brunno?
Thanks chris

If you could leave out the words "O-frame" for just a minute, and consider the words "relatively compact", here is a beauty that does double duty, [look who authored the article]:

http://www.6mmbr.com/harrellscombopress.html

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the article for some :cool: first-rate pictures along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have that press, and it has done an excellent job for me. As I mentioned in the review, the clamp is a monster, that makes the press as secure as if was bolted down. When I first looked at the way that it is configured, I thought that it was upside down, but after using it, I think that it's configuration is definitely superior. This press has plenty of leverage, more than you would expect given its compactness. I wrap it and lay it face down, in the bottom of my loading kit box, and then load everything else on top of it. Everything that I use to load, for my 6 PPCs, and all the necessary components, fits in one of these.
http://www.harborfreight.com/17-x-12-x-5-aluminum-tool-case-69317.html

The only benchrest "O" press I've seen is the one by Bob Dodd, RFD, which I think Bruno's is a copy. If you've gotta have one, good luck. There are several "C" presses that are good and strong or the Harrell's or Hood's "flat O" style.

+ 1 on the RFD. The copy of it may look the same, but it ends there. Check with Bob White at " THE SHOOTERS CORNER" . He may have a fine used one. You certainly can't wear one out.

Compact "O" Frame Press

I like my little "O" Frame Press. It doesn't get anymore Compact than this. If you got britches with big hip pockets,you could probably fit this little press in one of em.

This one was made by Jerry Stiller at "Stiller Precision Firearms". He doesn't make this one anymore. I was in his shop one day,when he had just finished making a few of these. I just couldn't leave without it.

Glenn

Guess I'll just buy one from Bruno's. He be the only one making them don't have much to choose from

The old cast RCBS Jr might not be compact but it is one great press that can be picked up for a pretty good price.

O frame press

Bob Dod's RFD undoubeletly #1 although not exacly compact (got two couldn't live without it) follwed by the Accura advertised here in bencrest central. See Joe Maisto's advise.

You are probably right Joe, but I have one mounted on a platform w/ a trimmer. measure, arbor press and an old Lachmiller (modified) priming tool along w/ the appropriate accessories that I use to load outdoors.

Back