"cheap" Rusky ammo at Sportsman guide

ptf18

I purchased a tin of the "cheap" Rusky ammo Sportsmans Guide had for sale. Shot it thru my H&R Model 12. The stuff had about a 50% fail to fire rate. Im wondering if its the firing pin/spring in my M12? Perhaps the Rusky stuff needs more of a "wack" than what my M12 can produce.

Thoughts?

Lester

What did the firing pin impacts on the misfired (or unfired) casing look like? Did they appear like they normally do on other brands? The scary part is is hang-fires are possible with this ammo. People could be hurt or worse if they are not very careful.

Carp

Miss Fire

I ordered a tin of that "cheap" Rusky ammo Sportsmans Guide too.

LOTS of misfires in two differnet rifles.

Mr. Frosty

What did the firing pin impacts on the misfired (or unfired) casing look like? Did they appear like they normally do on other brands? The scary part is is hang-fires are possible with this ammo. People could be hurt or worse if they are not very careful.

Carp

Carp: Firing pin indention looked exactly the same as they do on the 711b I also use. The M12 has a rectangle...wedge...shaped type firing pin end. The strike is across the rim.

It's a pity that you can't even buy reliable plinking ammo. I hope that hangfires do not occur as that could make this ammo dangerous to in or unexperienced shooters. If it won't even go bang half the time that is truly amazing. If you are getting the same firing pin marks it is the ammo. That H&R M12 should have very good ignition compared to the cheap guns.

Carp

Back