Charlie Mackey has left the range

skeetlee

It saddens me to say that my dear friend Charlie Mackey passed away last night. Charlie was one of the best people I had the pleasure of knowing. I remember when I first got interested in Benchrest, Charlie had me come over to his place so he could show me the ropes. I bet I spent 6 hours at his place that cold December afternoon. we were instantly bonded with friendship. I really don't know what else to say, as I am in disbelief over all this. Please keep Charlie and his family on your prayers and thoughts. So very sad!! Lee

Charlie was diagnosed with small cell lung and liver cancer just a few days after the match at Wright City. He was told the cancer had been in his body 6 to 8 weeks and he would only live 3 months at most unless he took chemotherapy he might get another 3 to 5 months.
He took the chemotherapy in hopes of a miracle and it killed his white blood cells destroyed his immune system and he came down with pneumonia, he was taken to the hospital Friday and they couldn't save him.
I'm saddened by the loss of a friend but glad he didn't suffer long like so many cancer victims do.
Services will be held at...
Pearce Funeral Home
314 S. 6th St.
Marshall Illinois 62441
Anyone wishing to send flowers should internet search the funeral home to find Charlie's obituary and information about sending condolences.
Visitation hours Tuesday 6/2 from 4:00 to 8:00 P.M. central time and funeral service is Wednesday 6/3 at 10:00 A.M.

Last edited:
Back